• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Free trial membership

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Email Joe Fischer for information on a free NRA trial membership. Joe is also the Michigan NRA representative and can answer questions faster than corporate. Check it out. Put MOC in the subject window.

joe@nratraining.net

malignity

imported post

How long is the trial membership? I was actually considering signing up for a year to see how I like it, so I can get insurance on my guns, etc.

I don't know what Magazine to get. They have 3 to choose from if I'm not mistaken, but I don't know which would be best. Do any of them feature anything on pistols? I mean, I know it IS in fact a rifle organization after all. :p

the500kid

imported post

I liked American Rifleman the best. I think it covered the most subjects and pistols were included sometiems. 1st fredom was just a watered down version of American rifleman mainly it didn't have the gun articles but still kept the political ones. American hunter still had the political articles but I thought the hunting articles were a little weak. hope it helps.

ramblinfeaver

imported post

I think you get all the benefits of a paying member except the monthly magazine. You do however get NRA's Freedom times monthly E-letter. I do beleve you still get the gun insurence and life insurence, but im sure Joe will correct me if im wrong.

ramblinfeaver

imported post

malignity wrote:
How long is the trial membership? I was actually considering signing up for a year to see how I like it, so I can get insurance on my guns, etc.

I don't know what Magazine to get. They have 3 to choose from if I'm not mistaken, but I don't know which would be best. Do any of them feature anything on pistols? I mean, I know it IS in fact a rifle organization after all. :p
It is a 1 year free trial membership. You will get all the benefits, exept the monthly magazine. The NRA fights every day to protect our 2A rights, whether it is for pistol,rifle,or shotgun. In fact the NRA has faught more for pistols and CC/OC rights across the USA in the past few years. In fact the NRA is fighting hard in TEXAS to get a Open Carry law past there.

autosurgeon

imported post

There are always several articles about pistols in American Rifleman the magazine I get. Usually two or three about modern pistols or revolvers and one or two about pistols from years past.

ramblinfeaver

imported post

malignity wrote:
I emailed him a few days ago, still no response. How long does it take for him to get back to people? Anyone know?
He emailed you 30 mins after you emailed him, and again tonight. Check your spam/bulk box just in case. This hapens to me sometimes when he emails me, sometimes he has to send it again, and it will go thru. Let me know if you dont get his recent email...

malignity

imported post

:banghead:

I dug though 500 spam mails and didn't find it, only to remember that I have any mail with the title 'free' in it, go directly to my TRASH bin, not my spam bin.

'Free NRA membership.'

lol..
Anyway, I found it! Thanks a ton.