• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC in School Admin Building

emptypockets

imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
don't CC in any school building. seriously. parking lots OK.
I haven't . . . and probably won't. But since my job takes me to some schools and the admin buildings that are off site, it raised the question in my inquisitive mind. The admin buildings that I am talking about are buildings with no classes - only business.

Does this make a difference? Would these buildings be under the "school property" clause?

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

emptypockets wrote:
I haven't . . . and probably won't. But since my job takes me to some schools and the admin buildings that are off site, it raised the question in my inquisitive mind. The admin buildings that I am talking about are buildings with no classes - only business.

Does this make a difference? Would these buildings be under the "school property" clause?
without a doubt, it applies to any and all school buildings, playgrounds, athletic structures. there is no reference to classrooms or children when it comes to firearm restrictions on school property. the only place it does not refer to is parking lots. if you did "find yourself" with a gun in the admin building, however, first offense is only a civil infraction, but they can suspend your CPL. so it's probably not worth it.

joshuaeberly

imported post

emptypockets wrote:

without a doubt, it applies to any and all school buildings, playgrounds, athletic structures. there is no reference to classrooms or children when it comes to firearm restrictions on school property. the only place it does not refer to is parking lots. if you did "find yourself" with a concealed gun in the admin building, however, first offense is only a civil infraction, but they can suspend your CPL. so it's probably not worth it.

fixed in red, I think.