• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

On to Green Bay! Matching funds now available for $ for radio ads over the Green Bay Metro areas!

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Donated just now. I live in the UP of Michigan and am closer to anything in Wisconsin then central Michigan, lol. Would be happy to see open carry in WI and it would be nice not to have to stop at the border and make a scene to passerby's while I unload all my guns in the car and move to transport mode when I go shopping in Green Bay. And I'd also like a single scoop cone of superman ice cream.

I don't feel I ask too much, hook my up Wisconsin folks!

-northofnowhere (edited for a wide variety of standard typos)

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Folks - am on talks with a radio outfit to blast ads over 3 stations thruout the Green Bay-Appleton-Oshkosh greater metro areas - to do this we need more like $2,000, so we need about $800 or so more dollars - can you folks in Wisconisn raise this??

Give now at http://www.opencarry.org/carryland.html- I'd like to run these during the week after next.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

OK folks - for those of you living in greater Green Bay-Appleton-Osh Kosh area, how do these stations look for breadth of coverage?

WIXX-FM (pop)

WNCY-FM (Country)

WTAQ-AM (News Talk)

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

OK folks, we only have a few days left to raise $465 more dollars to really hit the greater green bay area hard over 3 radio stations - we plan on doing this the first week of August ramping up into the Green Bay picnic so we need all you Wisconsin open carriers to step up to the plate and fund the last mile!

Give today at http://www.opencarry.org/carryland.html

and post this donation link to Wisconsin blogs and newspaper comment sections, let's roll!

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

If we are going to spend a pile of money on radio advertising, it should not be "wasted" on a smaller picnic. We have a corporate sponsor (firearms industry) interested in a larger picnic later in the year. They have a state wide mailing and E-mail database to use for spreading the word. We also have the attention of Wisconsin FORCE (formerly Wisconsin Rifle and Pistol Club) which has connections within gun clubs accross the whole state. Combine this with radio advertising and then local news station advertising and we could get a huge turnout.

We do NOT want 1000 people to show up for this first one. If you have been following the actual picnic thread, wedo not have a special event permit for this picnic. This date popped up less than 3 weeks from the actual picnic. $2000 on advertising for a last minute picnic does not make sense.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
We do NOT want 1000 people to show up for this first one. If you have been following the actual picnic thread, wedo not have a special event permit for this picnic. This date popped up less than 3 weeks from the actual picnic. $2000 on advertising for a last minute picnic does not make sense.
The ads are generic and not related to the picnic - to drive people to sign the petition and execute the action alert - timing before the picnic is just fortuitous and ads to publicity storm.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

OK folks, in order to sign this contract to reach an estimated 183,200 people in the Green Bay - Applton - Osh Kosh area we still need another $455 in contributions in the next few days - Please give now at today at http://www.opencarry.org/carryland.htmlso we can make this happen.

Think of it this opportunity like that MasterCard commercial:

Reaching 183,200 people with an open carry radio add?

$1,575.

Causing an anti-gunner to snarf his hot coffee through his nose all over the dash board of his new Lexis hybrid during drive time in Green Bay?

Priceless.

For everything else, there's OpenCarry.org . . .

Go to http://www.opencarry.org/carryland.htmland give today -to meet theobjective above we need to make the bolded number to the LEFT of the word "GOAL" be $2,750.