• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

On to Green Bay! Matching funds now available for $ for radio ads over the Green Bay Metro areas!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Who in teh green Bay area can suggest some possible radio stations to contact - I want to get this lined up this week for next week or the next!

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Kiss FM WKSZ Dial Position 95.9 Phone: 920-734-9226: , WIXX 101.1 (800) 236-3771, WROE 94.3 FM 920-435-3771, Y100 100.3 FM 800-359-1003, 99.5 THE WOLF 920.426.3239.

The first 3 are Rock/Classic Rock and the last 2 are Country. Let me know if you need more info.

What about the Bob and Tom Show?.... I think Mike would make a great guest!

markand

imported post

Mike, [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]my wife's cousin who lives near Green Bay said to check out these radio stations: WTAQ (news talk radio -- also carries Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity), WIXX (Country station), and WRVM (a Christian Radio station out of nearby Suring, Wisconsin).

She also said to check out stations in Sturgeon Bay WI and also those out of Milwaukee, as those stations are heard in Green Bay, too. She mentioned 620 or 630 AM as being one station, but couldn't remember the call letters.

Link to a list of Green Bay radio stations: http://www.ontheradio.net/metro/green_bay_wi.aspx

The list includes the format of each station, making it easier to reach the target audience. News/talk stations would seem to intuitively attract listeners who might be receptive to the open carry message.

Hope this is of some help.
[/font]

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

We need to get Mike or Nik on the Bob and Tom show. It is extremely popular and I think it would be an excellent opportunity. I am going to see if we can get it done, providing Mike or Nik or even both are willing.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Here is the email I sent to the Bob and Tom show. I did use some of the printed material from the press kit on the Home page of OCDO.

Dear Bob and Tom, Chick and Christi,

I have been a long time fan of your show for years. I appreciate your views on different subjects and respect your opinions highly. I am also a constitutionalist and I regularly exercise my 2nd amendment right to bear arms. I ama member of OpenCarry.org and I was wondering if you would be interested in having two of our advocates on your show. OpenCarry.org now has over 18000 members.
Mike Stollenwerk is a cofounder of Opencarry.org and was very influential in the removal of the DC gun ban. John Pierce is also a cofounder of OpenCarry.org and was also involved in the removal of the DC gun ban. OpenCarry.org was founded in 2004 by Virginia gun-rights activists John Pierce and Mike Stollenwerk and has served to ignite the "Open Carry Movement" that is sweeping the country.
In addition to being an invaluable legal resource for gun owners, the site has quickly grown to be a social networking portal for thousands of American gun owners.
And these gun owners have made a difference in their communities! Over the last 4 years, the open carry of handguns has become much more common and less controversial as their friends, neighbors and local law enforcement discover that open carry is legal and wholesome. In fact a recent FBI report essentially concludes that "criminals don't open carry handguns."
Anthropologist Charles Springwood sums it up nicely when he commented that open carriers are trying to "naturalize the presence of guns, which means that guns become ordinary, omnipresent, and expected. Over time, the gun becomes a symbol of ordinary personhood."
OpenCarry.org believes that "a right unexercised, is a right lost," and increasingly gun owners are agreeing - it's time gun carry comes out of the closet in America!
I believe all of you would give this topic fair hearing and we at OpenCarry.org would appreciate any time you could make on your show for this issue.

John Pierce lives in Southwestern Virginia where he owns a horse ranch and runs his software consulting business. He is also an incoming first year student at Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul, MN.

Email: john@OpenCarry.org

Mike Stollenwerk retired from the United States Army with the rank of Lt Colonel. He lives in Northern Virginia where he is a third year student at Georgetown University Law Center and is the President and founder of the pro-gun law student group called the Georgetown Law-Militia.

Email: mike@OpenCarry.org

Founding member Nik Clark is a Wisconsin advocate and can be reached through the OpenCarry.org site.

Please feel free to visit the Wisconsin forum or any other forum at OpenCarry.org.
We look forward to hearing from you and hope you can find some time on your show for this hot topic.

Sincerely,

James A.Gleason
Chilton, WI.

j.gleason@hotmail.com

I hope this is OK, they have a great show and although it is a nationwide show, thousands of people in Wisconsin hear this show everyday. I will post any reply ASAP

MichaelWDean

imported post

If you need any audio recording of text you have written for a radio ad, my wife and I both do voiceover work and have a kick-butt home recording studio. We would do it for free for any pro-2A ads.

Here are her vocal samples,
http://www.debrajeandean.com

here's mine:
http://www.michaelwdean.com

(She's better than me, and sultry female voices tend to "sell" anything more than male, in my experience, but if you need anything with a male and female voice talking back and forth, I could do the male.)

I could also do some music too, some of my music is under the wife's vocal samples (I did all but the jazz stuff, though might be able to get free use of the jazz stuff from my buddy who wrote and recorded it.)

MWD

MichaelWDean

imported post

Also, if someone were really motivated, a consideration might be to do half-hour video PSAs and put them on public access TV nationwide.

I had a show on five stations in the Los Angeles area for a while. It's a bit of politicking and dealing with gatekeepers and paperwork, but they cannot turn you down, as long as you don't swear on the show, say anything anti-gov or racist, homophobic, etc.

Here's an article I wrote on how to get a show on cable access:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/digitalmedia/2008/03/06/put-your-photos-on-tv-pt2.html

What could be done is some people get together and produce say, six shows, then mail DVD copies (or put them online and allow people to download and burn a DVD) and people in each locality could apply get a show and put the DVDs on, once a month for six months. (some places will play a show four times in a month, others will only play it once.)

Maybe the GOA or JPFA would be willing to send something out in their newsletter to find people in every location to do this. Don't know, but it's a thought. They're both very into grass roots stuff, and easy to contact. (Whereas the NRA, while good, with them I can't even get anyone to answer an e-mail.)

MWD

MichaelWDean

imported post

There's a mispronunciation in the commercial MP3. "Permit" is pronounced there with the second syllable stressed, which is the verb. It should be stressed on the first syllable for the noun. (Unless it's a local pronunciation I'm unaware of.)

MWD

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Mike wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
Without a doubt we need to get things rolling.
OK, we still need another $465 at least to run the green bar campaign. Your status shows no donations yet :(
Ok for two days I have stewed in this disgruntled state and I feel the need to voice my opinion, maybe for the last time on this web site.

I do not think it is right for any member of this forum to put someone out there for not contributing monetarily to any of these events without first talking to that member first in private.

Have I donated....NO. Now let me be the first to tell the forum why. I am waiting to find out the outcome of the state employee furlough. That's right believe it or not, I as a state employee am not rich. I do not have that tree growing in my yard that produces dollar bills.

Not saying that anyone that has contributed does, I am just making it clear that just because I am a state employee does not mean that I am better off then any of you. I as a State Correctional Sergeant make 5 to 7 dollars less an hour than county correctional sergeants do.

Right now I have to pinch every penny I have because I don't know what the outcome of Diamond Jim Doyles plan will be. It could mean layoffs in which case my mortgage and my families needs will come first as I am sure you will all agree.

For the moderators of this forum to come out and throw me under the bus in such a way is ridiculous and an insult. Look at how many of you hold the same membership status as I do.

I guess that means until all of you supporting members pay up then your thoughts, knowledge, opinions and ideas do not count.

In the quote above where I stated, "Without a doubt, we need to get things rolling." I was referring to getting members to email, the Bob and Tom Show.

I was not referring to getting any members to donate money as I have not yet done that myself. Therefore, I do not expect others to do something I have not done.

Do I want to donate? Hell Yes, and as soon as I find out just how much money Doyle is going to be taking from me, I will donate. In that, I will say, the purpose of my donation will be left up to me. Meaning, I will decide what I will donate for, whether it be a radio ad, to help out with legal fees, or to host a benefit for our cause. (Which I have some plans in the making for).

Until then I do not appreciate the personal attacks from anyone. I come here to learn and share my knowledge like everyone else. I thought that was the purpose of this site. If I am wrong then please tell me so I can go some where else where there isn't a hidden agenda.

Carry On!

No1

Banned
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
I do not think it is right for any member of this forum
co-owner super-mod is mike not mere member like me sockpuppet some are more equal that others either we are equal or we aren't

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Donation status is public here - if you are listed as a "supporting member," that just means you have not refused to receive occasional emails from john and me - it also indicates you have not contributed any money yet to out campaigns. if you have contributed and have not been given credit, then meail or Pm John with the particulars so he can update your status.

Pace

imported post

I'd like to get a newsletter for my $500? (Maybe it was $1k?) can anyone assist?

Best,

Pace

imported post

He said "thank you" that is all I need, but honestly would like to know what is going on, is there a newsletter?

I own one of the largest interactive networks in the world, would be nice if I knew how to leverage that for this :)