• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Should this guy be allowed to OC?

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Watch the video and post whether or not you think the guy with the house should be allowed to OC and why.

You seem to have it backwards. We aren't allowed to OC. We have the right to OC by our birth in this world. All the government can do is strip us of what is our birthright.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate

Johnny_B

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Watch the video and post whether or not you think the guy with the house should be allowed to OC and why.

You seem to have it backwards. We aren't allowed to OC. We have the right to OC by our birth in this world. All the government can do is strip us of what is our birthright.
Why must you two go at it all the time? It's seriously making the La part of OCDO look like a flaming troll fest since each one of you has to go at each others comments like dogs and cats.

Regardless unless he's done something to cause him to lose his rights, I.E. conviction, mentally unstable, ect. then he hasn't lost the right to OC.

But if he ends up in a looney bin then he definatly shouldn't be able OC :p

derf

imported post

Why must you two go at it all the time? It's seriously making the La part of OCDO look like a flaming troll fest since each one of you has to go at each others comments like dogs and cats.
When I started this thread I did not do it to argue with a troll.

Regardless unless he's done something to cause him to lose his rights, I.E. conviction, mentally unstable, ect. then he hasn't lost the right to OC. But if he ends up in a looney bin then he definatly shouldn't be able OC :p
I appreciate your answer. Do you not think his actions deem him mentally unstable? Or, does he have to be declared mentally unstable by the government? The LEOs say they can't do anything until he commits a crime.

derf

imported post

Participate or start your own thread, please.

Wait, I rephrase it in you type of language:
Should the evil government strip that guy's birthright to OC?

Johnny_B

imported post

derf wrote:
I appreciate your answer. Do you not think his actions deem him mentally unstable? Or, does he have to be declared mentally unstable by the government? The LEOs say they can't do anything until he commits a crime.
Well, yes, he does have to be declared mentally unstable. Just because we know the guy is a crazy nut doesn't give us the right to strip him of his rights. Maybe he...nah no benifit of the doubt for this guy.

I personally think he's @$$^^d up in the head and shouldn't be near that girl

LEOs are right though, what crime has he done? It's a little freaky, and if I was the girls parents I'd damn sure be armed and demanding more be done...but you can't do anything unless a crime is comitted...

derf

imported post

Has this individual committed any crime? any crime at all?
The local LEOs say no as far as relates to that incident. He is one scary character, though. I am not sure if he has done anything in the past to lose his gun owning rights. For the sake of argument lets assume he can legally own a gun.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

derf wrote:
I feel that if somebody is not incarcerated, and theychoose to carry,then they should be able to.

...shall not be infringed. :X

FogRider

imported post

Yes. Until he's convicted of something that is (and unfortunately, it seems that he might be). I won't lie and say I'm comfortable with, but that's the price you pay for living in a free country. Much better for a few nutjobs to slip through than make good people suffer.

JT

imported post

Have to agree with thepoint that he has committed no crime as of yet. His behavior is weird but he has not done anythingdangerous yet. Given his behavior, would Ifeel comfortable around him if he had a firearm?Probably not but if he were armed I would want to know it. If he carries at all it should be openly. I also agree the parents should be arming themselves and teach their daughter to shoot as well.

derf

imported post

Should this guy be allowed to OC ? Not touching this one with a ten foot pole, I will say however this guy is THE REASON I OC !
People like him do exist. Protection from people like him is a very valid reason for wanting to OC.

I feel that if somebody is not incarcerated, and they choose to carry, then they should be able to.
Can it be that simple? If you're not locked up then you should be able to carry? I suppose that could work if we had a much larger prison capacity. Do you think gun rights should be restored as soon as convicts are released?

Yes. Until he's convicted of something that is (and unfortunately, it seems that he might be). I won't lie and say I'm comfortable with, but that's the price you pay for living in a free country. Much better for a few nutjobs to slip through than make good people suffer.
Good answer. I think he is terrorizing a girl, family, and neighborhood. I think the mother is right when she says he needs help.

Have to agree with the point that he has committed no crime as of yet. His behavior is weird but he has not done anything dangerous yet. Given his behavior, would I feel comfortable around him if he had a firearm? Probably not but if he were armed I would want to know it. If he carries at all it should be openly. I also agree the parents should be arming themselves and teach their daughter to shoot as well.
I agree with that as well. I'll add that if it were my daughter I'd do all you mentioned and move, too. You can not be too careful. It is a shame, though, that someone will probably have to be a victim before anything can be done.
It reminds me of the time I had a snarling dog outside my door that wouldn't go away. This was in a suburban neighborhood. (In the country this isn't really a problem for more than 10 seconds.) The cops and animal control said they could do nothing until someone was bitten. I tried yelling at the dog, spraying it with the water hose, shooting bottle rocket at it, it would not leave. I was resigned to the fact I'd have to shoot it. But, it finally went away. I hope it went home and was happy. I hope it didn't just go somewhere else in the neighborhood and bit some kids.
I hope the guy in the video gets help. I hope he doesn't harm that girl or move away and harm another person somewhere.

biggin215

imported post

I agree, people like him are exactly why I carry a gun. I think the family he is terrorizing should really consider getting some weapons and teaching their girl how to shoot and when to shoot. If that guy does decide to pull something, the police won't be there in time. They never are. That is why we have the 2nd amendment.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

derf wrote:
I feel that if somebody is not incarcerated, and they choose to carry, then they should be able to.
Can it be that simple? If you're not locked up then you should be able to carry? I suppose that could work if we had a much larger prison capacity. Do you think gun rights should be restored as soon as convicts are released?
End the waste of resources that we call "The War on Drugs" and prison capacity will no longer be a factor.

I believe that all rights should be restored to one upon release. If they are not ready for it, don't let them out.

sraacke

imported post

HAHA. That guy reminds me of some of the PEC cases at the hospital. I bet I see him one night in the emergency room after he's discharged and refusing to leave.

"Dude, I got called off my break to give you back your valuables. You've been discharged. Now leave the freaking hospital."

"But I want Raven."

"And I want to finish my sandwich. Goodbye."

The guy is an oxygen thief.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

From the enterview I saw, it seems this guy may just be a harmless crackpot, like some of those tinfoil hat wearers that believe that ET is trying to manipulate their minds.

Should he be allowed to arm himself? Until he's committed or attempted to commit a crime I don't see why not. Should the family keep an eye on this charactor? Of course they should be deligent.

I'm currious as to the size of his congregation. The report didn't show a room with pews or chairs. Maybe, his followers are imaginary. I'd be more worried about them, since there is no limit to what they are capable of. :what:

derf

imported post

End the waste of resources that we call "The War on Drugs" and prison capacity will no longer be a factor.
Without derailing this thread I am going to agree with that. IMO, two of the worst drugs, alcohol and nicotine, are legal.

I worry about people who believe that if they take guns away from us that they will not be available. My retort is we have hardly any Coca plants and relatively few Marijuana trees, but you can buy dope very easily.