• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Mississippi Constitution and Original Intent

MilProGuy

Get the shotguns out! its a zombie thread!

Respectfully, isn't the information posted here just as relevent to today as it was when it was originally posted?

You need to keep in mind that newcomers haven't had the opportunity to respond to all the former threads as some of the ones with longer tenure have had.

Daylen

Respectfully, isn't the information posted here just as relevent to today as it was when it was originally posted?

You need to keep in mind that newcomers haven't had the opportunity to respond to all the former threads as some of the ones with longer tenure have had.

When a discussion took place years ago and the people having it long since left, it helps little to resurrect the thread by posting in it; however it is good to read old ones. If the subject is still relevant and the thread has been left alone for years, then the discussion is taking place elsewhere. Bringing up an old discussion while a newer thread is being used for the topic is not very polite for then any other people posting have to do so in multiple threads or leave some of them just open for you to post in with no reply and I guess discuss with yourself. I ask that we keep things in newer and fewer threads.

MilProGuy

When a discussion took place years ago and the people having it long since left, it helps little to resurrect the thread by posting in it; however it is good to read old ones. If the subject is still relevant and the thread has been left alone for years, then the discussion is taking place elsewhere. Bringing up an old discussion while a newer thread is being used for the topic is not very polite for then any other people posting have to do so in multiple threads or leave some of them just open for you to post in with no reply and I guess discuss with yourself. I ask that we keep things in newer and fewer threads.

Yes sir, I understand.

It was never my intent to be impolite. I'm just interested in the topics concerning open carry and am trying to learn all I can.

For future reference, how old is a thread when it is "too old" to respond to? 3 months, 6 months, 9 months?

I don't want to commit the same offense again.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Yes sir, I understand.

It was never my intent to be impolite. I'm just interested in the topics concerning open carry and am trying to learn all I can.

For future reference, how old is a thread when it is "too old" to respond to? 3 months, 6 months, 9 months?

I don't want to commit the same offense again.

Thats a good question, I will try to enlighten you.
A guy that has 10000 posts on another forum should have learned more about old threads, dead posters and stale topics.
You should NOT respond to a two month old thread in the open carry questions forum,
from a 15 year old that says he wants to know if he can open carry, When
he only has only one post, has never been back to get his answer, which
he had answered for himself, And Then
You just welcome this ghost poster to the forum, And thank him for his question!
Im surprised you didnt try to get him to go out and buy himself a fine Taurus hand gun!

I study these forums to learn, I expect each new post to ADD to the discussion,
you Write Way too many totally useless posts!

Im annoyed, and the world doesnt need anymore noyeds.

Im not going to chastise you anymore, for the past. I hope I wont feel the need to, in the future.

MilProGuy

deleting your last post, and others, then PMing it to me, as PRIVATE, is just sillyness. Anyone that wants to waste your time, just ask, I will repost it here..

I will continue looking for and reading substantive posts.
Unfortunately, I expect plenty of wasted effort.

Sir,

In deleting the lengthy post in this thread and then PMing it to you was a courtesy to you, at least that is what I intended it to be. Very shortly after I had posted it on the open forum (somewhere around 2:00 a.m.), I had second thoughts about addressing the issues on the open forum because I thought it might offend you publicly; and I certainly did not wish to do that.

As far as deleting other posts, I was merely trying to go back and get rid of some of the posts you had referred to as annoying, so that I could help alleviate some of the tension that you are experiencing. I'm sorry if doing that has upset you. If I am breaking some forum etitquette by deleting posts, I will certainly refrain from doing so.

I don't quite understand what you mean by: "Anyone that wants to waste your time, just ask, I will repost it here."
Is this directed to me or to any forum member who would like to read the pm I sent you?

Will you mind sending me a PM and respond to the one I sent you? Or...if you prefer to post the PM and respond to me openly, that will be fine with me.

1245A Defender

well,,

your long post from 11:08 p.m. had been deleted in less than 1 hour, and i already read it,
it did not need a reply, so i didnt.
but when i noticed that you had run around the forum deleting your posts, including this one,
i made a reply about your actions.

I consider that a poster that goes back and deletes the record of the things he has posted in public
is suspecting himself of being disingenuous, wrong headed or misleading.

you cannot offend me with a post!
I have stepped on some toes before, and ive been chastised on occasion, but I CAN take it, and we always get over it.
I have never felt the need to remove posts that could be embarrassing to me, or break the record of who said what when!

Someday we will be old forum friends, or ,,,, something else.... Ill probably learn to just get along with you.

MilProGuy

I consider that a poster that goes back and deletes the record of the things he has posted in public
is suspecting himself of being disingenuous, wrong headed or misleading.

Someday we will be old forum friends, or ,,,, something else.... Ill probably learn to just get along with you.

Thanks for your reply.

I can understand how you might feel that way about my deleting some of my previous posts. But I really deleted them for the reasons that I stated previously.

From now on, I'll choose my words more carefully, initially, and implement the guidelines you have shared with me,...and there shouldn't be a need for me to delete any further posts.

Last edited:

CharleyCherokee

I am torn on a situation like this. If it says SPECIFICALLY in the state constitution that open carry is allowed I can see financial support coming easily to someone who would fight against the actions of government to blatantly work against the constitution of the state. Citizens of Texas and Mississippi for example should ACTIVELY fight against such blatant disregard for their state constitutions by their government. This being said, I fully realize it is much easier to say a thing than to do it. I've no personal stake in it. I've nothing to lose. These things are merely a symptom of the times. An apathetic citizenry who will not act until it is ALMOST or ALREADY too late to change a thing. The point is well made in the movie "Swing Vote". "
The populace goes from bondage to liberty. From liberty to abundance. From abundance to complacency. From complacency to apathy. From apathy back to bondage. And so the cycle repeats."

Daylen

I am torn on a situation like this. If it says SPECIFICALLY in the state constitution that open carry is allowed I can see financial support coming easily to someone who would fight against the actions of government to blatantly work against the constitution of the state. Citizens of Texas and Mississippi for example should ACTIVELY fight against such blatant disregard for their state constitutions by their government. This being said, I fully realize it is much easier to say a thing than to do it. I've no personal stake in it. I've nothing to lose. These things are merely a symptom of the times. An apathetic citizenry who will not act until it is ALMOST or ALREADY too late to change a thing. The point is well made in the movie "Swing Vote". "
The populace goes from bondage to liberty. From liberty to abundance. From abundance to complacency. From complacency to apathy. From apathy back to bondage. And so the cycle repeats."

Open carry is not "allowed" in MS it is PROTECTED, exercising rights are protected not allowed; as such it is beyond the legislatures control. kudos for at least knowing it is in the MS constitution! If something can be allowed it can later have its allowed status revoked, this is not the case with rights, they are specifically protected by the constitution, statute or just in common law. As I tire if saying MS does not have any law or real precedent of calling open carry concealed carry. One judge submitted an assenting opinion in which he said, "I think more needs to be said about this" and went on to try and CREATE law where none was, his opinion is not very binding. If you have any other court cases where a majority opinion goes against the intent of the MS constitution please help us out by posting it or its name or something so that others might find it.