• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting FLORIDA

VaGunTrader

imported post

My wife, son, and I will be taking a trip next week and will be visiting New Orleans for a few days and then will be coming into Florida for a couple of days, most likely the pan handle.. probably Panama City beach.

I'm justwondering what the laws are forconcealing in my car or on myself.

I'm from Virginia where Ihave a concealed handgun permit.

Thanks for any input !!

JeepSeller

imported post

Florida honors your permit. No open carry period, in the car or out. There is a provision for open carry camping, fishing, and in route to such, but rarely tested. In your car, either concealed on your person or securely encased, which means glove box, center console' holster under the seat, etc., *does not need to be locked* Basically so long as its concealed from plain sight,you're ok. Restaurants that serve alcohol are fine, bars are not, so just stay out of the bar seating and don't drink.

Signscarryno legal weight here, but, keep in mind that the business or property owner always has the right to ask you to leave if they discover you've ignored their sign.

The theme parks are posted, but bear in mind the above rule. Should you chose to ignore the signs, all are searching bags' so no off body carry. I havent hit a theme park turnstile in a few years, so I cant confirm or deny the rumors of metal detectors.

fridaddy

imported post

Feel free to have a glass of wine with dinner. Fl does not disarm you for having a drink in a restaurant, only if you have it in the bar section.

I am of course not encouraging drunk carrying but there is no prohibition in Florida against carrying while intoxicated. If you pull it while intoxicated you have committed a crime unless the use was in self defense.

THIS POST IS INTENDED FOR DISCUSSION ONLY AND IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. NO ATTORNEY CLIENT RELATIONSHIP IS INTENDED OR IMPLIED.

JeepSeller

imported post

Correct, forgive me fridaddy, when I say "don't drink" I mean in excess. I for one don't believe in mixing alcohol with guns, I'm sure most here feel the same...

By all means, if you feel you can safely have a glass of wine or a cocktail with your meal, that's ok. But, like we say, do it out of the bar section. That'll get ya in trouble.

Safe travels.

I

inNV

imported post

As a native Floridian who has now moved, I will be returning home for a few days..so just to clear it up...you can carry concealed in a restaraunt that serves alcohol, but not in a bar? So for instance, based on the "Florida Clean Indoor Air Act" which was passed while I still lived there..if you can smoke in it, then that means no gun? But a place like Applebees would be fine?

glock4me

imported post

inNV wrote:
As a native Floridian who has now moved, I will be returning home for a few days..so just to clear it up...you can carry concealed in a restaraunt that serves alcohol, but not in a bar? So for instance, based on the "Florida Clean Indoor Air Act" which was passed while I still lived there..if you can smoke in it, then that means no gun? But a place like Applebees would be fine?

yes applebees is fine, however you can not sit in the area of the restaurant that is designated as the "bar section" you can sit at a booth and order a drink if you want, but you cant sit at "the bar".

Every applebees that I have been to has the bar in the middle with stools that people can sit in. You would not be able to sit in those stools. Some restaurants have a seperate "bar area" such as Olive Garden. They have a few tables around the bar with what looks like a fence that seperates it from the normal eating area. That area would be off limits, but the rest of the restaurant is fair game.

I

inNV

imported post

Glock23-4-Me wrote:
inNV wrote:

yes applebees is fine, however you can not sit in the area of the restaurant that is designated as the "bar section" you can sit at a booth and order a drink if you want, but you cant sit at "the bar".

Every applebees that I have been to has the bar in the middle with stools that people can sit in. You would not be able to sit in those stools. Some restaurants have a seperate "bar area" such as Olive Garden. They have a few tables around the bar with what looks like a fence that seperates it from the normal eating area. That area would be off limits, but the rest of the restaurant is fair game.
How about bar restaraunts? The bars that although they still serve food, they make most of their money on alcohol. You know, the loophole to the "indoor air act"? My old stomping grounds was a bar that was mostly that, a bar. They have seats away from the "bar area" itself, so would I be allowed to sit there?

glock4me

imported post

I am not sure 100% on that one and wondered the same thing. So as to limit having to spend money to have a attny represent me in court, I would err on the side of caution and say that might be pushing it and refrain from that situation

IxionDeece

imported post

Does anyone know if Florida honors Ohio permits? I lived in Orlando for a couple years but never got my license down there and once I moved up here to Ohio I got a CHL. I am also gonna be visiting here soon. And I do thank all of you for your previous posts. They are very informational.

buster81

imported post

JeepSeller wrote:
Florida honors your permit. No open carry period, in the car or out. There is a provision for open carry camping, fishing, and in route to such, but rarely tested. In your car, either concealed on your person or securely encased, which means glove box, center console' holster under the seat, etc., *does not need to be locked* Basically so long as its concealed from plain sight,you're ok. Restaurants that serve alcohol are fine, bars are not, so just stay out of the bar seating and don't drink.

Signscarryno legal weight here, but, keep in mind that the business or property owner always has the right to ask you to leave if they discover you've ignored their sign.

The theme parks are posted, but bear in mind the above rule. Should you chose to ignore the signs, all are searching bags' so no off body carry. I havent hit a theme park turnstile in a few years, so I cant confirm or deny the rumors of metal detectors.
Is FL like other states where printing while concealed carrying is considered open?

JeepSeller

imported post

Much too much emphasis is placed on "printing". Don't let it consume you. There is no Florida law that makes printing illegal. The law simply states that it must be out of ordinary sight.

Basically, solong as it's not plainly obvious it's a gun. Such as would be the case if you were wearing spandex over it..:shock: Really, it's not a problem. Just a nondriscript bulge under a shirt?.....could be a cellphone, PDA, etc.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

JeepSeller wrote:
Much too much emphasis is placed on "printing". Don't let it consume you. There is no Florida law that makes printing illegal. The law simply states that it must be out of ordinary sight.

Basically, solong as it's not plainly obvious it's a gun. Such as would be the case if you were wearing spandex over it..:shock: Really, it's not a problem. Just a nondriscript bulge under a shirt?.....could be a cellphone, PDA, etc.
1) You promised you were leaving. Lying, again? That's like three times, now.

2) I was recently told by a cop that they couldn't arrest you for carrying if you were wearing a spandex suit and he could clearly see the gun under the spandex. He said that the requirement to see the actual gun was common knowledge in his department.

3) Quit running your statist cowardly polesucker about me not having "the stones" to return to your site. You wimps threw me out, and you don't want me back, lest I make fools of you, again. Your crowd has this really f-ed up view of the world. Very mean. Very cop. Very Dixie. Intellect and tolerance doesn't play well to your crowd.

JeepSeller

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
1) You promised you were leaving. .

For the most part, I did leave. Truthfully, I just missed this one when I unsubscribed to all thethreads from this forum a while back.And since I havethe ability to answer the most recent quesition, I figuredI would.You certainly took very little time to seek me out and attack me after all this time..

But, yea, I did leave. Too many trolls here to get any real discussion accomplished. :banghead: Classic example being this one...all was fine until you jumped in with your personal attacks again....you really are hard up for some kind of validation for your existance, aren't you?

smoking357 wrote:

2) I was recently told by a cop that they couldn't arrest you for carrying if you were wearing a spandex suit and he could clearly see the gun under the spandex. He said that the requirement to see the actual gun was common knowledge in his department.

3) Quit running your statist cowardly polesucker about me not having "the stones" to return to your site. You wimps threw me out, and you don't want me back, lest I make fools of you, again. Your crowd has this really f-ed up view of the world. Very mean. Very cop. Very Dixie. Intellect and tolerance doesn't play well to your crowd.

Wow! You've over extended yourself so far into your imature trolling habits you just can't help but contradict yourself in the same post now, huh?

In one sentence, you're giving the very cops you hate so much a significant amount of authority and value...yet in the very next portion of your post, you roll back to your anti cop dribble!

Wow..all I can say is just...wow! You've outdone yourself this time! I'm just glad to see that the mods here are finally starting to bounce your kind of ilk by closing threadsyou foul up with your anitics.:celebrate Maybe, with some patience and persitance, they can return this forum to the people who are here for reasons other than trolling and starting arguments. :quirky

Edit: Oh, and by the way, go ahead and start your whining and crying again...I've unsubscribed to this one now....it won't bother me.:lol:

smoking357

Banned
imported post

JeepSeller wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
1) You promised you were leaving. .

For the most part, I did leave.
Leaving, like being pregnant, is an all-or-none deal.

You lied, like always.
Wow! You've over extended yourself so far into your imature trolling habits you just can't help but contradict yourself in the same post now, huh? In one sentence, you're giving the very cops you hate so much a significant amount of authority and value...yet in the very next portion of your post, you roll back to your anti cop dribble!
In all honesty, you are one of the dumbest people I've ever encountered. How is it contradictory to note what a cop said while noting your sycophantic adoration of cops?

You truly are dumb, and I utter that conclusion in a clinical, not pejorative, sense.

I'm just glad to see that the mods here are finally starting to bounce your kind of ilk by closing threads you foul up with your anitics. Maybe, with some patience and persitance, they can return this forum to the people who are here for reasons other than trolling and starting arguments.
Keep dreaming. You have nothing in common with the posters here. You'll never be welcome here unless as a punching bag.

Now leave, pest.

JeepSeller

imported post

Yep...keep trying. You lose as always.. your arguments are hollow and invalid. I'm out....

By the way, saw this the other day and immediately thought of you... you should be honored!:lol::lol::lol:

smoking357

Banned
imported post

JeepSeller wrote:
Yep...keep trying. You lose as always.. your arguments are hollow and invalid. I'm out....
Clean up your tears on the way out.

Saw this and thought of you.

motivationalposter140.jpg

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Florida sucks. I can't imagine any reason to even visit here, except to tell everyone you meet that you left.

It is concealed, right? If there are no metal detectors, or x-ray vision cameras, etc, do whatever you want... This place is total crap and doesn't deserve any respect.

[the above is an opinion, and in now way should it be construed as instructions] :p