Thread: Electric Bill Boards

Post imported post

Has anyone looked at using electric bill boards for advertising open carry in Wisconsin. I was told a message can be posted for $50.00 a day (seems cheap). If true, there are are electric bill boards along I94 entering Milwaukee from the south and the west, With Summerfest coming soon, would it be a good time to advertise for a few days? Would this be better than radio?
    WCI...........Member

Banned

Post imported post

electric billboards better cost/benefit only better return on owner investment

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

polekat wrote:
    Has anyone looked at using electric bill boards for advertising open carry in Wisconsin. I was told a message can be posted for $50.00 a day (seems cheap). If true, there are are electric bill boards along I94 entering Milwaukee from the south and the west, With Summerfest coming soon, would it be a good time to advertise for a few days? Would this be better than radio?
    I think this is a good idea. How many letters can we get? A very large lettered message stating merely OpenCarry.org would probably be all we need. Note spelling with capital O and C.

Let me know what you come up with and if we have enough CarryLand money, we can probably do a day or 2.

Post imported post

I'd have to see who owns the bill boards. It's a drive for me to get to Milwaukee to see who owns the bill boards and verify what the cost would be. Since these boards are electric lights (with color) I'd guess they would support quite a message and the costs will very with what you ask for.

If I remember correctly there is a bill board around Morgan Avenue and I94, another by the state fair grounds on I94 and another near 13 street and St. Paul Avenue. If someone who lives in Milwaukee could get the information, it would help. If not, I will drive and get it

Maybe a message quoting the Govenor Doyle like: Wisconsin Governor Doyle says "“If you want to carry a gun in Wisconsin, wear it on your hip,” (I think I am quoting the Gov. Doyle correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong)

.javascript:emoticon(':celebrate',%20'images/emoticons/banana.gif')

Then add:
    Open carry is the law in Wisconsin and some restrictions apply

Brought to you by OpenCarry.org
    WCI...........Member

Post imported post

Do you think Governor Doyle would appreciate the publicity and make a contribution to this?
    WCI...........Member

Post imported post

There is also one at Hwy 16 and 94.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

With Summerfest coming, there will be thousands of people heading to the festival on the lake front. The closer the bill board is to the lake front the more likely the most people will see it.

I'd bet there are electric bill boards in Madison too.
    WCI...........Member

Banned

Post imported post

Electric Bill Boards is an excellent Idea. I also think yard signs would help spread the word.