• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Electric Bill Boards

polekat

imported post

Has anyone looked at using electric bill boards for advertising open carry in Wisconsin. I was told a message can be posted for $50.00 a day (seems cheap). If true, there are are electric bill boards along I94 entering Milwaukee from the south and the west, With Summerfest coming soon, would it be a good time to advertise for a few days? Would this be better than radio?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

polekat wrote:
Has anyone looked at using electric bill boards for advertising open carry in Wisconsin. I was told a message can be posted for $50.00 a day (seems cheap). If true, there are are electric bill boards along I94 entering Milwaukee from the south and the west, With Summerfest coming soon, would it be a good time to advertise for a few days? Would this be better than radio?
I think this is a good idea. How many letters can we get? A very large lettered message stating merely OpenCarry.org would probably be all we need. Note spelling with capital O and C.

Let me know what you come up with and if we have enough CarryLand money, we can probably do a day or 2.

polekat

imported post

I'd have to see who owns the bill boards. It's a drive for me to get to Milwaukee to see who owns the bill boards and verify what the cost would be. Since these boards are electric lights (with color) I'd guess they would support quite a message and the costs will very with what you ask for.

If I remember correctly there is a bill board around Morgan Avenue and I94, another by the state fair grounds on I94 and another near 13 street and St. Paul Avenue. If someone who lives in Milwaukee could get the information, it would help. If not, I will drive and get it

Maybe a message quoting the Govenor Doyle like: Wisconsin Governor Doyle says "“If you want to carry a gun in Wisconsin, wear it on your hip,” (I think I am quoting the Gov. Doyle correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong)

.javascript:emoticon(':celebrate',%20'images/emoticons/banana.gif')

Then add:
Open carry is the law in Wisconsin and some restrictions apply

Brought to you by OpenCarry.org

polekat

imported post

Do you think Governor Doyle would appreciate the publicity and make a contribution to this?

polekat

imported post

With Summerfest coming, there will be thousands of people heading to the festival on the lake front. The closer the bill board is to the lake front the more likely the most people will see it.

I'd bet there are electric bill boards in Madison too.