• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carrying In AZ And No Problems

keninaz

imported post

I have been a resident of AZ4 times now. My time here started as a GI at Fort Huachuca in '67. I moved here permanently for the last time in 1998. I lived in Both Cochise County and in Prescott. I also visit the Phoenix metro area frequently as my kids and grand kids live there.

I have been doing OC for years and the only problem Ihave ever encountered was at a Harkins Theater in Prescott. They do not have any signs posted and I had been in that theater many times before in OC mode but the last timethey told me it was not allowed. No signs means CC is OK I guess. If you can't see it they don't care? Anyway I don't do business with those that don't allow weapons so that's fine. If the business hasa no gun policy posted that's fine I just don't go in there. At least I have the option if it's posted.

Anyway I OC into my banks and many other businesses without a problem. My current carry is the Ruger SP101 in .357 Magnum with a Fobus holster.

Other than that the only queries I seem to get is from tourists or snowbirds. They ask if it's legal here and I tell them it is. Or they ask why am I carrying and I just answer because I can legally.

I just don't see an issue with carrying OC here in AZ. I am now in my 60s, have a beard and just mind my own business.

I have worked for a few corporate entities in AZ in retirement and I learned that most of them like Wal Mart and Home Depot for instance have a policy of not addressing the issue if a customer has a gun.

In general I find this is a very gun friendly state. At least here if someone sees a gun you won't be declared a terrorist and the swat teams are dispatched.:quirky Let us hope that the policies and laws of AZ never change from what they are.

TOF

imported post

I certainly hope they do change to allow Constitutional Carry, Restaraunt Carry and a couple of other changes that are currently being processed through the Legislature.

If your meaning was you hope more restrictive laws would not be imposed, I am with you.

Stay safe

r6-rider

imported post

keninaz wrote:
In general I find this is a very gun friendly state. At least here if someone sees a gun you won't be declared a terrorist and the swat teams are dispatched.:quirky
id laugh if it happened though. iv had the cops called on me a few times. usually just ends with me and the cop talking about how stupid the person is who called and how big of a waste of time it was for them to drive across town. personally iv never met/seen the people who report me, but i hope they stayed long enough to see me and the officer joking about how big of pussies they are:lol:

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Tourists, Noobs 'n Snowbirds are theusual problems, altho I've encountered a few 'natives' in the urban areas who've been previously clueless as well. Some people just don't pay attention.Unfortunately... they vote.