Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Under Obamacare, where will Canadians go for medical services?

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    Please CLICK, DIGG, and REDITT!

    http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gu...dical-services

    SNIP

    In an alert to its members, GOA contends that under Obamacare's medical record computerization mandate, the government will be able to access your previously confidential medical records to deny you gun rights. .GOA concludes by urging members to contact their Congressional delegation via this easy to use action link.

    But privacy experts are alarmed as well at the Obama administration's damn the torpedoes attitude to impose statist policy mandates at whatever the cost to privacy. . . . So even if gun rights are not your priority these days, you still might want to hit GOA's action linkand tell your Congressional delegation to derail Obamacare before it's too late.




  2. #2
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828

    Post imported post

    I seem to remember hearing about some soldiers who were treated for minor psychological ailments and then were banned from owning / purchasing firearms after the GOVERNMENT included this data in the background checks.

    The fix was that the individuals could APPLY to have this data removed.

    If this is the recent past... I CERTAINLY DON"T WANT TO SEE WHAT WILL BE THE FUTURE IF THIS FEDERAL HEALTH CARE PLAN IS MANDATED AND FORCED UPON US!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  3. #3
    Regular Member Statesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    949

    Post imported post


  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    Resistance is futile, you will be intoxicated.... ...by the cool-aid.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  5. #5
    Regular Member JOESEEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver, Washington, USA
    Posts
    69

    Post imported post

    When did the Divided States Of America become an Obomanation? Our founding Fathers would be disgusted.
    Ad maiorem Dei gloriam Ducimus Doctrinas bello aptare n umbra, igitur, pugnabimus Citius, altius, fortius Pro patria Semper paratus Semper fidelis. Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

  6. #6
    Regular Member Alexcabbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    2,290

    Post imported post

    "Obamacare" is just warmed-over "Hillarycare" and it is NOT "free health care", you will be FORCED to buy coverage in the amount the government says you need and your additional premium cost will be used to provide coverage to those who are too lazy to get a damn job. THEN the feds will step in and run your life down to the minutest detail to "lower healthcare costs". This Administration, may I remind everyone, is engaged not just in an assault on the RTKBA but on the entire Constitution, and they are trying to take advantage of any weak point they see. Man, it is gonna be a long haul keeping these buggers in check until November 2010. People have really begun to regret voting this nincompoop and his syncophants into office.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Alexcabbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    2,290

    Post imported post

    BTW Obama's "healthcare town hall meeting" last night tanked in the ratings. HAHAHA!

  8. #8
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    I was talking to a freind about the points brought out in this article . His response is what would you talk to your doctor about that you don't want the government to know. He said the same thing about homeland security. People just don't get it anymore. Our rights are there and recognized by the constitution for a reason, if they are cumbersome to our government then they are doing exactly what they are supposed to do.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Walton County, Georgia, ,
    Posts
    475

    Post imported post

    How many people will suffer in silence now that this on the table? Would you really mention that you've had some psychological problems to your doctor if you felt it would impact your rights? Imagine how this will affect the returning soldiers.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    owensboro, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    70

    Post imported post

    "Under Obamacare, where will Canadians go for medical services?''

    nowhere, they die

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,882

    Post imported post

    Canadians still manage to live longer than Americans. I somehow doubt our emergency rooms will be awash with invaders from the north if we get anything resembling subsidized care.

    -ljp

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,128

    Post imported post

    Sen.Kennedy's single payer system is not the same model as that Prez Obama was promoting in his town hall.

    The issue of electronic medical records is a separate one: already the digitization of these records is proceeding. However, the federal government is not going to be put into possession of these records. If the privacy protections work the way they are supposed to, BATFE should be no more able to "troll" through these records than they are now.

    We need to insist that privacy protections on digital health records are strong and enforced.

    There are no 2A issues in President Obama's health care reform proposal.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,964

    Post imported post

    The Donkey wrote:
    There are no 2A issues in President Obama's health care reform proposal.
    Damn it Donkey, you're just spoiling all the fun. Nextyou'll tell not to bury our guns,that hehe supports the RKBA.

    P.S. There are, of course, mental health issues that will be exploited to exclude the penultimate right from as many "ordinary" citizens as possible.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,128

    Post imported post

    Thundar wrote:
    The Donkey wrote:
    There are no 2A issues in President Obama's health care reform proposal.
    Damn it Donkey, you're just spoiling all the fun. Nextyou'll tell not to bury our guns,that hehe supports the RKBA.

    P.S. There are, of course, mental health issues that will be exploited to exclude the penultimate right from as many "ordinary" citizens as possible.
    Our President seems to inspire many mental health issues amongst those prone to gun-nuttyness to begin with.
    Last edited by The Donkey; 12-15-2010 at 07:09 AM. Reason: love that caramel coating

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,510

    Post imported post

    Legba wrote:
    Canadians still manage to live longer than Americans.
    Not by much. Canadian demographics are considerably different, and when you control by race and socioeconomic group, I bet they're almost the same.

  16. #16
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    The Donkey wrote:
    Sen.Kennedy's single payer system is not the same model as that Prez Obama was promoting in his town hall.

    The issue of electronic medical records is a separate one: already the digitization of these records is proceeding. However, the federal government is not going to be put into possession of these records. If the privacy protections work the way they are supposed to, BATFE should be no more able to "troll" through these records than they are now.

    We need to insist that privacy protections on digital health records are strong and enforced.

    There are no 2A issues in President Obama's health care reform proposal.
    Anything on cyber space can be found and traced.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,128

    Post imported post

    sudden valley gunner wrote:
    The Donkey wrote:
    Sen.Kennedy's single payer system is not the same model as that Prez Obama was promoting in his town hall.

    The issue of electronic medical records is a separate one: already the digitization of these records is proceeding. However, the federal government is not going to be put into possession of these records. If the privacy protections work the way they are supposed to, BATFE should be no more able to "troll" through these records than they are now.

    We need to insist that privacy protections on digital health records are strong and enforced.

    There are no 2A issues in President Obama's health care reform proposal.
    Anything on cyber space can be found and traced.
    "Can"? Possibly. Legally? No.

    Most medical records "can" be lawfully subpoenaed. Butsuch subpoenas also can besuccessfully resisted on multiple grounds.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Alexcabbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    2,290

    Post imported post

    This works until you get criminals in the government who don't respect - oh, say the Constitution. You know, criminals like the DemonRatz.

  19. #19
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    Oh the government cares about laws?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •