Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It seems that VA has their own style of "gun owners/supporters are terrorists" document

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I don't know if this has been posted as of yet but VA considers us terrorists too.

http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/workers...atViolence.pdf

Page 49 Title -- Anti-Government Group Issues

Post imported post

Love my country.

Don't trust my government.

Openly advocate disbanding BATFE.

Well, if that puts me on the no fly list, so be it.

Is it better to be a son of liberty or a boot licking collaborator?

Live Free or Die,

Thundar
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

It's on this page http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/workers...ntations04.htm

Which I got to from this page http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/workers...tions/toc.html

And I got to that one from this http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/workerscomp.html

And lastly that one from this http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/

I wonder why it's Worker's Compensation page on the Human Resources Management site..

Post imported post

It's the same BS as before, just being spread by another agency.

This will be retracted, apologized for, and the Superintendent of State Police will be chuckeling at his new whipping boy's assignment to foot patrol in the Bay Bridge Tunnel.

In the mean time, I'm contacting my Delegate & Senator to ask why the State Police think I'm a terrorist for 27 (+/-) various & sundry legal activities. The possibility of actually getting a response out of either of them is approaching zero, but the contact must be done anyhow.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

See Page 49 of the .pdf file for the offensive material.

Apparently you may be a member of an "Anti-Government Terrorist Group", if any of these issues are important to you:
    • Gun Rights
    • Individual vs. Federal (whatever that means)
    • Constitutional Issues
    • Judicial System
    • Sovereign Citizens
    • Tax Protestors
    • Wise Use Movement (gasp, how dare someone want wise use of their public resources?)
    • Loss of Sovereignty
    With a list like that, I wouldn't be surprised if these anti-terrorist folks lose a lot of sleep.

TFred

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Well I agree with much of it. The guy in the picture had a camera. Coulda been a bazooka camera.

I do wonder why police officers that ignore the law aren't on the list. I guess they don't pose much threat and boost the local economy.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    SNIP I do wonder why police officers that ignore the law aren't on the list.
    Oh! Good one. Maybe that line should be included in the complaints to state senators and delegates.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Page 6 kinda reminds me of something in particular...

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    SNIP I do wonder why police officers that ignore the law aren't on the list.
    Oh! Good one. Maybe that line should be included in the complaints to state senators and delegates.
    From the pdf..
    "What is terrorism?
    The unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government or civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives."

While they're not on that list, I think you could say that police officers that ignore the law could include "the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a... civilian population... in furtherance of political or social objectives."

Post imported post

From page 5:

"What is terrorism?
    The unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government or civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives."

I guess when Virginia State Trooper John R. Wright (see the first page) and his organization does this stuff, that's just A-Okay. Disguting document.

So who's responsible, and who do we name when we contact our legislators? VSP?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

tag wrote:
    SNIP While they're not on that list, I think you could say that police officers that ignore the law could include "the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a... civilian population... in furtherance of political or social objectives.
    Heh, heh, heh. For example, Norfolk PD?

The various agencies involved in no-knock home invasions over the years?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Is a five year old document worth this hue and cry?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    Good catch.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    Good catch.
    That someone in the LE field would suspect gun rights advocates of being possible terrorists goes back to 1995 at least. Also this document as far as we know is one trooper's work. I am much more concerned with the VSP Fusion Center report that said pretty much the same thing from this year and so far we have had no accounting of yet. So no one who has been paying attention should be shocked or surprised by this. The rational thing to do is to make sure one protects themselves from false accusations and fishing trips by wise exercise of ones rights, backed up by the trusty audio recorder.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    Yes it is

It pisses me off and worries me at the same time.

Offended does not even start to cover it.

Post imported post

DonTreadOnMe wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    Yes it is

It pisses me off and worries me at the same time.

Offended does not even start to cover it.

I tend to agree!
    The concerns I have are that it is still on Government sites, and that the Fusion Center echo's it for the most part.

This is a trend I've seen for years. I see it with the Capitol Police every year.
    It amounts to a....Obey or be branded....line of thought.

The movie Blade Runner, had a line that went something like this:

You're either police or little people.

That seems to be the way LE is seeing things now.

Post imported post

This is nothing new:

Since the Mark Warner days:

http://crimlaw.blogspot.com/VATerrorismManual.pdf

Page 4 lists as domestic terrorists “Property Rights Activists” and those with “Anti Government” sentiments.

Page 5 lists “Terrorists tools” as including:

Hand-held tape recorder

Video camera

The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

ChinChin wrote:
    Video camera
    To all interested parties:

I will be committing acts of terror this Friday in Chesapeake. Tell your friends.:?
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

The newest report I saw from the Fusion center was both more specific and more vague in places.

http://wikileaks.org/wiki/2009_Virgi...ment,_Mar_2009

I don't think it calls out "gun rights activists" per se but I would be wary of what they consider a "militia movement".

It at least has the virtue of not being as bad as the Missouri report.

Post imported post

Skeptic wrote:
    The newest report I saw from the Fusion center was both more specific and more vague in places.

http://wikileaks.org/wiki/2009_Virgi...ment,_Mar_2009

I don't think it calls out "gun rights activists" per se but I would be wary of what they consider a "militia movement".

It at least has the virtue of not being as bad as the Missouri report.
    I guess Justice Scalia and Thomas must be on their watch list since they live in Virginia and advanced the militia movement by reciting history and confirming that the people were the militia in District of Columbia v. Heller.

Post imported post

Back around '99 or so, right before I joined VCDL, there was an incident in which a local reporter or commentator referred to VCDL as a militia group. VCDL set them straight and got them to retract it, IIRC.

But the fact is that an organization called a "citizens' defense league" with a minuteman logo screams "wackjob militia" to the uninformed, and I can see it being exploited by propagandists looking for a way to marginalize it in preparation for rounding up the members.

Am I being paranoid? Take a look at the slide show again, and note longwatch's comment about the fusion center. It's not paranoia if the threat is real.

Post imported post

I think its pretty much a given that our community and this and other forums are being watched.

For example, VCDL has been mindful of its appearance since its early days. Since the 90s the VCDL application has had the following.

"I hereby apply for membership in the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. I certify that I support the Constitution and the Bill of Rights of the United States of America. I am not a member of any organization or group which has as any part of its program the attempt to overthrow the Government of the United States of America or any of its political subdivisions by force or violence. "

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    See Page 49 of the .pdf file for the offensive material.

Apparently you may be a member of an "Anti-Government Terrorist Group", if any of these issues are important to you:
    • Gun Rights
    • Individual vs. Federal (whatever that means)
    • Constitutional Issues
    • Judicial System
    • Sovereign Citizens
    • Tax Protestors
    • Wise Use Movement (gasp, how dare someone want wise use of their public resources?)
    • Loss of Sovereignty
    With a list like that, I wouldn't be surprised if these anti-terrorist folks lose a lot of sleep.

TFred
    May as well add complainers and generally unhappy people to that list.

Post imported post

I guess they think this is a terrorist

Post imported post

I Love the Sovereign Citizen part. Goes to show that the person who wrote that slide has never read the Constitution of Virginia. So much for being an educated government worker.

A DECLARATION OF RIGHTS made by the good people of Virginia in the exercise of their sovereign powers, which rights do pertain to them and their posterity, as the basis and foundation of government.

Their lack of understanding reveals their true nature and intention:

"
    They have sufficiently exposed their own Ignorance, Malice, & Impotence--The Clovenfoot has been too plainly seen to be again concealed"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast