• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kinda blew it today!

jershell99

imported post

I was in the Roseville Home Depot this morning buying some paint for a friend with my Baby Eagle 9 in a Fobus on my hip. I was with my 15 month old son who seems to draw all of the attention anyway.

I was at the paint counter and had struck up a conversation with the two guys and young teenage girl beside me. I heard her ask her dad a few times "Is that a real gun" in hushed whispers, and each time her dad would whisper back "Ask Him!".

I was hoping that they would just ask so I could have a chance to share about OC, but they never did while I was standing there.

Well, my paint was finally ready, and I was fighting the little one as he was starting to get a little antsy. I started to walk away, and was going over in my head the other stuff I needed to get when I heard the girl blurt out, "Is that A real Gun?"

I was distracted and just kind of told her over my shoulder, "Uh, Yeah, Yes it is." and just kept going.

I thought about it as got into the car and kicked myself. I had an opportunity, and I blew it. It has been bothering me all day and I thought that maybe if I just let it out, I will be able to get over it.

autosurgeon

imported post

Hey you live and learn:lol: I have made it a point to always carry info pamphlets with me when I am OCing...

You did have the little one to contend with so between that and SA you had plenty of reason to be short. More than I would have for sure:lol:

Anyway you will know what to do next time!!

Michigander

imported post

That's a pretty small thing to get worked up over.

If they're that curious, they're bound to do research, and probably end up on this very forum. If they don't really give a rats ass, nothing was lost anyway, because they don't care.

When I first saw the title, I figured you had been hassled by the police and ran your mouth. All things considered, you're doing very well. ;)

SlowDog

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Hey you live and learn:lol: I have made it a point to always carry info pamphlets with me when I am OCing...

You did have the little one to contend with so between that and SA you had plenty of reason to be short. More than I would have for sure:lol:

I am just wondering where I can get some pamphlets or is there somewhere I can D/L a pdf and make my own?....thnx

SpringerXDacp

imported post

SlowDog wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:

I am just wondering where I can get some pamphlets or is there somewhere I can D/L a pdf and make my own?....thnx

http://home.comcast.net/~gosirr/Brochure10-29-08.doc w/o flags

http://home.comcast.net/~gosirr/Brochure10-29-08a.doc w/flags

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

jershell99 wrote:
I was distracted and just kind of told her over my shoulder, "Uh, Yeah, Yes it is." and just kept going.

I thought about it as got into the car and kicked myself. I had an opportunity, and I blew it. It has been bothering me all day and I thought that maybe if I just let it out, I will be able to get over it.

Ahhh, you did fine.

The little girl is probably telling all her friends about it right now...

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

HankT wrote:
jershell99 wrote:

Ahhh, you did fine.

The little girl is probably telling all her friends about it right now...
Or telling her friends all about it a few months ago.... :p