Thread: Open Carry In Modesto, CA

Post imported post

I spent the last two days in Modesto visiting family. The entire time I was there I exercised my right to open carry an unloaded fire arm. My firearm was in plain site for all to see. I went into my bank and made a deposit, walked through multiple stores running errands. I could tell lots of people noticed. A few asked what I do. They asked if I was a police or security officer. I explained to them that that I was nothing more than a law abiding citizen. I explained the legal right to open carry an unloaded firearm in the state of California. I explained that I wan't people to realize that NOT ONLY Police and Criminals have gun but law abiding citizens do as well.

The only time I took everything off is when I had to go into court for a man I had arrested on assault charges 6 months ago. No big deal.

Not once did I have any interference from local law enforcement. If I had, I would expect to be detained just long enough for them to run a report on my firearm and inspect it.

I plan to keep on open carrying most everywhere I go. I carry a two page print out from http://www.californiaopencarry.org/ listing the penal codes and case law surrounding open carry and definitions of loaded and not loaded.

For anyone who is curious, my firearm is a SA XD40. (Not exactly subtle.)

Post imported post

Good show! Recorder? Friendly witnesses?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

Very nice! You shoulda hit up CA_Libertarian to see if he wanted to do coffee or something. Glad to hear you had a good experience. Not that you should feel obligated to answer, but are you law enforcement or some other related occupation?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Damn it... you come to Modesto and don't even let me buy you a beer? Give me a heads up next time you come to visit family! Even better, move back here... we need more activists in this area... I'm lonely.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

None of the above. Fortunately if there was a run in with local LE I have a few friends in the department that could vouch for me and my integrity.

Post imported post

I will definitely let you know when I'm back in town!
    Cheers!

Post imported post

I am not law enforcment. I am a ranch manager. I work on a ranch in unincorporated Santa Clara County. I LOC 24/7 while working/living here. UOC when in town.