• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

E CHECKS

stuckinchico

imported post

I am still trying to figure out how a CA Appeals court out trumps a us supreme court

US V Ubiles say that a firearm is not enough for a detention under terry v ohio then what the flying pigeons are we getting stopped for !!!! This issue is right on point with it

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The CA court rules that 12031(e) is not a detainment or a search, but a mere examination.

That is their logic.

Decoligny

imported post

Theseus wrote:
The CA court rules that 12031(e) is not a detainment or a search, but a mere examination.

That is their logic.

Just try to relax, this exam will only take a moment. :uhoh:

latex.jpg

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Theseus wrote:

That is their logic.
Which, of course, flies in the face of the very wording of Terry v Ohio, which clearly defines that any involuntary contact is a "seizure" of the person in the 4A sense.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Surely there must be a lawyer willing to take this case pro bono. It's a slam dunk once we get it to the right court. Couldn't the state be forced to cover attorney fees if/when we win?