• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Open Carry Week

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

National Open Carry Week starts tomorrow! Will anybody be in Provo on the 4th? Maybe we can meet up that day. :shock: :)

scorpioajr

imported post

packingmama wrote:
National Open Carry Week starts tomorrow! Will anybody be in Provo on the 4th? Maybe we can meet up that day. :shock: :)
Is this new? This is the first I have heard of it. Would be nice to do some advertising.

Cool :celebrate

scorpioajr

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
...Blow the dust off your SERPA, and get that baby GLOCK some sunlight!
hey now SARGE, Just cause i got my CFP now doesn't mean my SERPA is dusty from non use. i OCed to the Cinemark in American for tonight to watch Terminator: Salvation with my wife, bud, and his wife.

I'm still an OCer through and through! :D
And yes, thank you for the whole "OC week is every week.." thing. Gotcha, very helpful. :lol:

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Everyday is OC Month for me. Went rollerblading through the neighborhood got a few looks but no sheriff great sunday And OC'ing at the park as well five miles total

So whens the meet-up

I will be at taylorsville days and west valley days this month can't wait and just replaced the batteries in the voice recorder and changed my phone to 60 Min recording I am set. Also have the Video Recorder ready this Month and Next.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
...Blow the dust off your SERPA, and get that baby GLOCK some sunlight!
hey now SARGE, Just cause i got my CFP now doesn't mean my SERPA is dusty from non use.
Sorry, I forgot that you now have a GLOCK as well. I meant my wife, you silly sally. :p

She bought a Comp-Tac SOB holster, so her GLOCK seems to have a new "hidden home". :(

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

packingmama wrote:
My bad it starts the 29th thru the 5th. And yes everyday is OC day but this is the unofficial week of OC. And SGT I will be OC with one of the holsters every day that week just for you. The CompTec will have to take a breather and get dusty for a week. I have to support the cause and this site every once in awhile.

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I will be walking around looking at the different booths, vendors, and taking my kids to the activities and maybe even the parade. If I know of people who will be there, maybe we could get lunch or just meet up at a certain location.

younggun20

imported post

Is there a fair or something? Im from SLC but work in Orem. Well i wouldn't mind meeting up with some fellow OCers, Im fairly new and my new 686 kinda intimidates me to Open Carry. So a group would defenitly remove that. And of course getting to know everyone would be a bonus. Im definetly in.

younggun20

imported post

41 Magnum wrote:
If any of you feel the urge to pull a trigger, I'll be doing range officer duties for Provo City at the range up provo canyon. It's open to the public from noon to 4 pm on July 4th.

Of couse OC is fine.:lol:
Sounds interesting as well.. I have yet to fire the new 686, Ive had it a week and its killing me leaving it in the dresser

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just found out this morning - I will be in the parade that starts at 9:00 A.M. Will be riding with my husband's unit, (786th from Provo) in the army vehicles. After that I will be walking around looking at booths etc.

41 Magnum

imported post

Just so no one gets suprised-

There is a $2.00 range fee.:(

But you can shoot for all four hours if you want for 2 bucks.:) Firing lines are covered, there are rifle racks there for your use,and the parking lots and the roadare in good shape. Any vehichle should be able to get there easily.

younggun20

imported post

41 Magnum wrote:
Just so no one gets suprised-

There is a $2.00 range fee.:(

But you can shoot for all four hours if you want for 2 bucks.:) Firing lines are covered, there are rifle racks there for your use,and the parking lots and the roadare in good shape. Any vehichle should be able to get there easily.

But if we are OCing during OC week its $free.99 right :lol:

No? Ok, well I though I would try...

younggun20

imported post

packingmama wrote:
younggun20 wrote:
Is there a fair or something?
Its a huge deal every year. - its called The freedom Festival

http://freedomfestival.org/
There is always lots and lots of things to do. Several days of activities and thousands of people.
Well thank you for putting me in my place :banghead: ive lived in SLC my whole life and never heard of it.. Im always at the t-ville dayz

b1ack5mith

imported post

provo aye? you guys wanna go to the provo mall to have a small get together and just walk around to look at the stuff? (and i know money is tight with everyone, but for like 5$ theres a great chinese food place there in the provo mall, its AMAZING food. they give you 3 entrees, i get 2 fried rice and a buncha sesame seed chicken :D) plus, spencers is a pretty cool store hahahaha

mqondo

imported post

packingmama wrote:
Just found out this morning - I will be in the parade that starts at 9:00 A.M. Will be riding with my husband's unit.....

:uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

I hope for his sake, he'll be there too..... :D

b1ack5mith

imported post

packingmama wrote:
Just found out this morning - I will be in the parade that starts at 9:00 A.M. Will be riding with my husband's unit, (786th from Provo) in the army vehicles. After that I will be walking around looking at booths etc.
id like to meet up withyou there and check out the booths! are there schools in the area? (within 1000' of where we will be)