Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don’t mess with an armed woman buying tampons!

Post imported post

The wife at WalMart in Gillette, Wyoming. lol....

Post imported post

Speechless....

Post imported post

impulse418 wrote:
    Speechless....
    Understatement...

Banned

Post imported post

Insert "Extra Wide with Wings" joke.

Post imported post

To paraphrase Robin Williams, anything that causes you sit on the roof with an automatic weapon screaming get back in the house, is not a "friend".

BTW; what is she packing for heat?

Post imported post

modelo57 wrote:
    To paraphrase Robin Williams, anything that causes you sit on the roof with an automatic weapon screaming get back in the house, is not a "friend".

BTW; what is she packing for heat?
    S&M 9mm, model 908s. It's actually called by the MFG a "concealed carry model." Is smallish, light, and has a recessed hammer. Only holds 8 in the mag though.

We have his 'n' hers pistols. Mine is almost the same gun, but a little bigger, model 910s. Holds 15 in the mag, but I only have the 10-rd "California Crippled" mag for now. Well, we both have two mags, our holsters have a slot for an extra holster.

In two weeks when we move to Wyoming, we're getting "real" guns. 45s. I'm getting a Glock. She's not sure what she's getting yet, we're gonna go to a gun show.

We're also getting a FAL. Buddy's building us one. Here's me with the one he built himself. It's a little big on me, he's a foot taller than me and built it for his body.

Probably won't walk around town with the FAL on my hip though.

MWD

Post imported post

You might consider the Taurus PT145 Millennium as her carry pistol. I own and carry one on a regular basis (and I've gotten into trouble with the Libs for it) and find it very comfortable. 10 round mag, .45ACP and once you get used to the trigger quite easy to shoot accurately. Its light, easy to conceal and fits my wife's (relatively) small hands.Best of all you don't need a second mortgage to purchase one.

btw I hope to put together an M-16A1 clone soon and I'm looking for parts so I can do up an L1A1.

Post imported post

Excellent. thank you. Will check one out.

We were looking for suggestions, just too busy getting ready to move to ask for them or do research.

Just got back from U-Haul looking at the monster sized moving van, and buying boxes. Man, 200 bucks buys a LOT of big boxes!

MWD

Post imported post

MichaelWDean wrote:
    S&M 9mm, model 908s
    Now that is taking "discipline" to extreme levels!

Post imported post

architect wrote:
    MichaelWDean wrote:
    S&M 9mm, model 908s
    Now that is taking "discipline" to extreme levels!
    Lol.

Oops. Typo.

We do engage in some kink, but NEVER gun play. I'd never pull a Phil Spector on someone I love.

"Assume every gun is loaded." = first rule of gun safety.

MWD

Post imported post

Window_Seat wrote:
    We will always :shock:SURELY & NATURALLY, STAY FREE:shock:

Erik.
    LOVE it!

MWD

Post imported post

modelo57 wrote:
    You might consider the Taurus PT145 Millennium as her carry pistol. I own and carry one on a regular basis (and I've gotten into trouble with the Libs for it) and find it very comfortable. 10 round mag, .45ACP and once you get used to the trigger quite easy to shoot accurately. Its light, easy to conceal and fits my wife's (relatively) small hands.Best of all you don't need a second mortgage to purchase one.

btw I hope to put together an M-16A1 clone soon and I'm looking for parts so I can do up an L1A1.
    You might also consider a .45 ACP Glock 21SF for her. I got one for my daughterwith small hands and she loves it. Her hands are small and it fits well. She normally OC's it in a SERPA and uses a drop-leg holster when she goes jogging around the neighborhood.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

She doesn't like Glocks because they don't have a safety.

MWD

Post imported post

Of course it has a safety! Just don't pull the trigger unless you want to shoot something. No different than revolvers, except the G-21SF has a 13-rd magazine. Many of us don't have much use for a safety anyway. If you are handling your weapon correctly, it isn't necessary and sometimes dangerous.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Two more cents worth here. You could always go old school with a Government Model. There must be a thousand makes out there although I'd personally go with a genuine Colt.

I learned hand gun with a Colt Police Special and a S&W model 15 in .38. My very first semi shoot was with a Colt Gold Cup that belonged to my deputy chief in the FD. I've never looked back. I would carry a Colt, but the Taurus iseasier to conceal.

Post imported post

MichaelWDean wrote:

MWD
    Just for the sake of accuracy, GLOCK Pistols have three safeties.

http://www.glockmeister.com/safeties.shtml

I am assuming you are speaking of an external thumb safety, which they do not have (although you can get an aftermarket external thumb safety added on if you wish).
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

MichaelWDean wrote:

MWD
    Glad to see there are others who don't worship Glocks.

In my case, it's because I don't like a squared-off slide.

But to stay on topic -- my favorite T-shirt says "I have PMS and a gun. Any questions?"
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote
    my favorite T-shirt says "I have PMS and a gun. Any questions?"
    Nice.

But I have always been a fan of showing people what you're thinking rather then telling people what you're thinking!

lol!

MWD

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
    Feminine hygiene products make excellent emergency wound dressings - seriously.

For deep puncture or bullet wounds, tampons are great.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    MichaelWDean wrote:

MWD
    Glad to see there are others who don't worship Glocks.

In my case, it's because I don't like a squared-off slide.

But to stay on topic -- my favorite T-shirt says "I have PMS and a gun. Any questions?"
    Tess, do you wear that shirt while OCing in public? The idea of wearing such silly shirts greatly appeals to me, but somehow it seems to be something that could turn non gun people off , or just plain draw more attention to your OC, attention that may not always be joking banter.

I've seen other shirts that say " The ultimate in feminine protection" with a pic of a gun, and the really naughty" guns don't kill people, I do". Grapeshot gave me a card with a womanaiming a gun and it says " first rule of gun safety- don't piss me off!", which is hilarious, but not so sure about wearing a shirt with same while publicly OCing.

Speaking of shirts that could attract attention, I have an old one with hands around a Glock being fired and says "I don't dail 911". I got too fat for it to fit anymore though LOL.

One of these days I'm going to get one of the tan colored OCDO hats, the one that says opencarry.org with the gun pic.

Post imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
    The idea of wearing such silly shirts greatly appeals to me, but somehow it seems to be something that could turn non gun people off , or just plain draw more attention to your OC, attention that may not always be joking banter.
    I agree wholeheartedly, XD40Coyote. I think we need to be emissaries while carrying.

There's also another issue with wearing "don't f*ck with me, I'm armed"-type shirts while carrying, which I posted about here:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum6/19825-1.html

Again with the T-shirts..... Sigh.....

If you ever have to shoot someone in self-defense, do you want the jury to see a 5 foot x 5 foot blowup of a T-shirt you were wearing that basically says "I like to shoot people" while you're facing 20 years for murder in a righteous shoot?

This could be true of any "gun art" shirt, but especially of that second one, the one with the parody of the Serenity Prayer.

Does it occur to you that an ADA could spin that as premeditation, or at least that you were "looking for a fight"?

MWD

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Il_Duce wrote:

Yata hey
    Duct Tape is also excellent for field dressing open wounds that require stitches. It sticks better than other tapes when there's a lot of blood involved. I keep duct tape, tampons andfeminine "mouse mattresses" in my 1st aid kit.
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    Il_Duce wrote:

Yata hey
    Duct Tape is also excellent for field dressing open wounds that require stitches. It sticks better than other tapes when there's a lot of blood involved. I keep duct tape, tampons andfeminine "mouse mattresses" in my 1st aid kit.
    Gorilla Tape TM is much better/stickier than regular duct tape.

Try it. I think you'll be surprised at the improved effectiveness.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I LOVE Gorilla Tape. Use it. It's awesome.

MWD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast