• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don’t mess with an armed woman buying tampons!

MichaelWDean

imported post

The wife at WalMart in Gillette, Wyoming. lol....

wyomingcarryseconddayyay-0031-225x300.jpg

modelo57

imported post

To paraphrase Robin Williams, anything that causes you sit on the roof with an automatic weapon screaming get back in the house, is not a "friend".

BTW; what is she packing for heat?

MichaelWDean

imported post

modelo57 wrote:
To paraphrase Robin Williams, anything that causes you sit on the roof with an automatic weapon screaming get back in the house, is not a "friend".

BTW; what is she packing for heat?

S&M 9mm, model 908s. It's actually called by the MFG a "concealed carry model." Is smallish, light, and has a recessed hammer. Only holds 8 in the mag though.

We have his 'n' hers pistols. Mine is almost the same gun, but a little bigger, model 910s. Holds 15 in the mag, but I only have the 10-rd "California Crippled" mag for now. Well, we both have two mags, our holsters have a slot for an extra holster.

In two weeks when we move to Wyoming, we're getting "real" guns. 45s. I'm getting a Glock. She's not sure what she's getting yet, we're gonna go to a gun show.

We're also getting a FAL. Buddy's building us one. Here's me with the one he built himself. It's a little big on me, he's a foot taller than me and built it for his body.

Probably won't walk around town with the FAL on my hip though.

wyomingday7-024-300x225.jpg

MWD

modelo57

imported post

You might consider the Taurus PT145 Millennium as her carry pistol. I own and carry one on a regular basis (and I've gotten into trouble with the Libs for it) and find it very comfortable. 10 round mag, .45ACP and once you get used to the trigger quite easy to shoot accurately. Its light, easy to conceal and fits my wife's (relatively) small hands.Best of all you don't need a second mortgage to purchase one.

btw I hope to put together an M-16A1 clone soon and I'm looking for parts so I can do up an L1A1.

MichaelWDean

imported post

Excellent. thank you. Will check one out.

We were looking for suggestions, just too busy getting ready to move to ask for them or do research.

Just got back from U-Haul looking at the monster sized moving van, and buying boxes. Man, 200 bucks buys a LOT of big boxes!

MWD

MSC 45ACP

imported post

modelo57 wrote:
You might consider the Taurus PT145 Millennium as her carry pistol. I own and carry one on a regular basis (and I've gotten into trouble with the Libs for it) and find it very comfortable. 10 round mag, .45ACP and once you get used to the trigger quite easy to shoot accurately. Its light, easy to conceal and fits my wife's (relatively) small hands.Best of all you don't need a second mortgage to purchase one.

btw I hope to put together an M-16A1 clone soon and I'm looking for parts so I can do up an L1A1.
You might also consider a .45 ACP Glock 21SF for her. I got one for my daughterwith small hands and she loves it. Her hands are small and it fits well. She normally OC's it in a SERPA and uses a drop-leg holster when she goes jogging around the neighborhood.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Of course it has a safety! Just don't pull the trigger unless you want to shoot something. No different than revolvers, except the G-21SF has a 13-rd magazine. Many of us don't have much use for a safety anyway. If you are handling your weapon correctly, it isn't necessary and sometimes dangerous.

modelo57

imported post

Two more cents worth here. You could always go old school with a Government Model. There must be a thousand makes out there although I'd personally go with a genuine Colt.

I learned hand gun with a Colt Police Special and a S&W model 15 in .38. My very first semi shoot was with a Colt Gold Cup that belonged to my deputy chief in the FD. I've never looked back. I would carry a Colt, but the Taurus iseasier to conceal.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

MichaelWDean wrote:
She doesn't like Glocks because they don't have a safety.

MWD
Glad to see there are others who don't worship Glocks.

In my case, it's because I don't like a squared-off slide.

But to stay on topic -- my favorite T-shirt says "I have PMS and a gun. Any questions?"

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
Insert "Extra Wide with Wings" joke.
Feminine hygiene products make excellent emergency wound dressings - seriously.

For deep puncture or bullet wounds, tampons are great.

Yata hey