• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Videos

pullnshoot25

imported post

Hey everyone, just posting a link for you all to check out. My brother and I have been making open carry videos for quickly and effectively educating people about the laws here in California and so far, they have been well-received.

Here is the link to the playlist. As of this moment, there are two other videos that are uploading so check the list in about a day to see the new additions!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=9CDFD99BEFA7E9CB

CARRY ON!

-N8

Michigander

imported post

These videos are an exceptionally great idea, and they were done very well. The how to handle police videos can be applied to nearly any open carry state. The only substantial difference is the constitutionally illegitimate 12031 nonsense.

I've mentioned in the Michigan forum that we should have similar Michigan specific videos. In south east Michigan, the harassment has been pretty much on par with what you guys described, although it has probably been a lot less frequent.

pullnshoot25

imported post

I plan on making more videos on various other subjects about gun laws, traffic stops, other weapons laws, etc. It seems to me that a lot of time is spent weeding through all the forums and legal codes to figure everything out and not enough time is actually spent exercising one's rights. I think that with clear, concise videos that the message can be delivered so more easily and lots of people (particularly those from out of state) can quickly benefit from it.

Frosty_In_CA

imported post

+1! I was planning on doing the same thing. I am going to start a "Constitutional Convention" at my home and video tape the lectures. The ones I did on emergency preparedness west over very well (Youtube kmikesell)

pullnshoot25

imported post

Frosty_In_CA wrote:
+1! I was planning on doing the same thing. I am going to start a "Constitutional Convention" at my home and video tape the lectures. The ones I did on emergency preparedness west over very well (Youtube kmikesell)
We can collaborate!

coolusername2007

imported post

Hey fellows, I'm new to the site and just recently discovered the open carry movement. I didn't know this was legal in so many places! I watched all the videos, excellent job educating and entertaining! I'm chomping at the bit to start open carrying, but in my area I'm surrounded by schools, bummer. Maybe I can attend an open carry outing in SD later on.

stephenruckle

imported post

Hey guys. I don't post much, mostly just lurk, but I'd like to thank you for the videos. I'm really happy that you've gone so far to gather up so much knowledge in one place for newcomers to the open carry crowd. The laws are ridiculously complex here in California, and this is just the sort of thing that is needed.

I do, however, want to provide some constructive criticism of the videos. I really hope this post isn't taken the wrong way since I mean only the best. I think if some of my ideas are acted upon then we'll all be better off.

1) Editing is needed. pullnshoot25, you run like a girl! Cell phones and dogs are distracting.

2) While I value your opinions, (this is my opinion, I know) I'm much more interested in the facts and mechanics of open carry. I think a video solely devoted to "this is legal, this is not legal" would be useful.

3) There are five videos. While I realize that this is a complicated topic, I think the information could be better communicated with less videos, and a more clearly defined outline.

Just an example to illustrate my point:
Video 1: What open carry means, what it doesn't mean, and all the legally available ways to carry open (including school zones, vehicles, and magazines/speedloaders)

Video 2: How to act during police interactions, information on the 12031 check, and other rights we have in this sort of situation.

Video 3: Voice recorders, pamphlets, and interactions with other members of the public.

That was just an example of a possible layout. I think if the videos were arranged so that similar subjects were grouped together then the viewer would better absorb the information. Additional videos could be made for 'specialty' subjects such as un-concealable guns and anything else that doesn't warrant an entire episode.

Anyways, good work. Carry on!

Stephen