• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gander Mountain OC Policy?

autosurgeon

imported post

Yeah Gander is one of the good stores! BC of them in Kalamazoo MI two of the independent stores changed their carry policy from no OC to Carry allowed period as long as it stays in the holster. If you want to try holsters on your carry gun they have a clearing barrel outside for you to clear it first.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Geoff wrote:
I think you should send them another letter informing them of how much business they have lost.

At this point it would be a waste of my time and theirs.

When I sent my original letter all they had to do was change their policy and I'd have gone back in a heartbeat. Second to that, they could have contacted me man to man with the business card I sent with the letter as I would think most learned business people would do for a customer.

Instead they called my office, declined to identify themselves, pumped my assistant for information about our companies carry policy andREFUSED repeated offers to speak with me.

I'll never shop there again. Policy change or not. (actually I take it back, management/ownership change AND policy change and I'll shop there again)

I'll use the range at Fletchers. And buy what I can from them. Its a far better range anyway. Best in the area with their lead-dust reducing waterwall (if I'm describing it correctly)

pvtschultz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
Its a far better range anyway. Best in the area with their lead-dust reducing waterwall (if I'm describing it correctly)
I've shot at their range in the dead of winter and the air was clean (smoke free) and comfortable. I can only imagine what it costs to heat that place in the winter, but they do have a first class range (and staff for that matter).