• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lautenberg bill gives AG new anti-gun powers!

Dave Workman

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
The Lout is at it again... these 'control freak' liberals won't stop until they can control every aspect of our lives... but first, they must disarm us to control us properly.

:cuss:

Well, spread this link far and wide to all your pals. The sooner we spread the word, the better.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Already emailing it to all my friends I know who are not already anti-gunners.

I was thinking, in order to start getting more in Law Enforcement on our side, why not begin an Annual Community Range & Picnic/Luncheon event where we have LEOs and OCers and CCers all gather for a get to know each other kind of gathering. It would be made all that much better if the NRA could sponsor some pro-rated or even free firearms training for the event. Something like this for the greater Seattle area would be great and I think we could get a lot of police educated on OC and meet police from our towns where we live.

I am already planning to do something on a much smaller scale on my own on Mercer Island with the MI Police Dept, by inviting them to come to the range with me on my dime (when I get the extra cash). I want them to know me, and know that I'm just a regular good citizen who open carries, and if they know and like me... maybe it will ease the tension. I realize you cannot convince everyone that OC is good, but I think I can reach at least some.

I feel that in order to fight congressmen and women like the Laut, we must also work at the grass roots level to bring law enforcement and citizens who carry together to make everyone more at ease with one another. I mean, the police are just people too, and I believe we need to make an active try to open up our community to include them since they carry for a living.