• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bass Pro experience

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

I took my brother in law to the shooting range a couple weeks ago for his first time and he loved it. So much in fact that he wanted to go back this weekend. I took him to bald mtn where I normally go, but, b/c of the state furlong days they were closed. So we had to settle for Bass Pro shop (I should have just went to the pitt in Lapeer).
Anyway I was talking to the employee working the gun range about their OC policy and he stated "we don't allow for people to openly carry and brandish firearms." :banghead:
I tired to set him straight but there was no getting through. I also talked to the greeter in front of the store about it and he was very opposed to OC as well.
Needless to say that's the last time I'll shoot there or shop there. It just pissed me off and I had to vent.

On the bright side I got my brother in law hooked on the range and educated him on OC and firearms. Next up trying to get him to hunt.

tygereye

imported post

My brother and I had gone in to Bass Pro at Great Lakes Crossing to use the range there, and my brother took my pistol in, he has a CPL, I do not (YET!!). It was just easier that way.

I had my holster on, because we were shopping at other places and open carrying, and the guy at the range counter asked me to cover my holster! No gun in it, but "the customers might see it, and not know that there isn't a gun in it, and get nervous"... at least that was the jist of what he said...

I haven't been back since, other than to walk through to get to the mall... I won't shop there anymore, until they change their policy. Which is a bummer, because I had ordered some ammo online, and even managed to recieve it in a resonable amount of time. (less than 6 weeks)

Michigander

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
Yep, just another strike against BPS. I already spoke with the manager and emailed corporate, I received no response from corp.
Maybe MOC should officially contact them and ask for an official position, so it can be clarified if we should boycott them as a group, or if they can straighten their policies out.