• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving in CT

mavcat

imported post

Hey, i live in manchester and im moving to an apartment in east hartford above an office. Do i have to let the leaseholder know that i will be moving my guns in there even if it doesnt explicitly say "no guns" in the lease?

What are my options otherwise? If necessary i could keep them where they are, but for obvious reasons i would like them to move with me. PLEASE HELP!!

If you need more information i can provide that as necessary....

EDIT: i know i have to fill out the change of address and file it with the Police Dept. and such

romma

imported post

If you legally own guns, then you can bring your guns with you. I would not mention a thing to the landlord. You are breaking no laws, and it is your business only...

GoldCoaster

imported post

Agreed, you are a legal owner of said firearms. Make sure you let DPS know because they are pricks about prompt notification of address changes.

Unless it's on the lease you signed then it doesn't matter, if the lease doesn't say "no smoking" or "no drinking" then you can have a beer and a cigar if you want too, no permission needed.

Have fun moving

mavcat

imported post

In the lease it does say nothing explosive..... but im treating that as stuff like fireworks or M80's and not my various pistols and rifles.

Anyways guys, thanks for the replys. Much appreciated!

Edward Peruta

imported post

Think of this:

The supreme court ruled that keeping handguns in the home is a constitutional right.

How can a landlord mandate that you give up your right to live in his apartment?

What if he said no blacks or people of color?

What if he said no females?

Explosives in a lease does not mean firearms or ammo if it is not specificly stated.

Keep you business to yourself!!

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

Actually as a landlord that resides in the home (multi family), I can reject any tenant for no reason at all. Meaning that I could reject based on race, religion or anything else that I can think of. (not that I do).

Once the lease is signed then it is a different story, it becomes a major pain to remove someone.

Edward Peruta

imported post

I'm not even going there, but any landlord must set the terms prior to entering into a lease or all hell can break loose.

I rent several properties in several state myself.

Ed