• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Portage OC Picnic

Tewlbox

imported post

Ill bing a few to the function. If there is anything we can bring let us know! Dogs, chips, buns, etc. Or I will have the wife throw some stuff in a bag and call it good.

If you have anything I can print out, send me a link and I will throw it up at work. I have a few buds in local fire houses and police station with open minds and good attitudes! PM me for my number if you come up with anything!

Finz

imported post

Hi all... new to the site and am excited to be here. Heard about the picnic from a friend. Will be attending with a few extras, and they will be bringing a dish also. Hubby bringing plates/napkins. Anything special, please let me know. Look forward to meeting you!

h2ofowl

imported post

hi there,
just registered here!
heard about the picnic in portage on aug.9th and to say i will be attending along with wife (finz) and will also be bringing 5 or 6 friends.we will be bringing some sort of dish to pass each and i also have paper products-plates and napkins for at least 75 people.
see ya on the 9th,
h2ofowl

hopnpop

imported post

Hello & welcome newcomers! I'm still looking like I'll probably make it, and with something or another in hand. Glad to hear more people getting active!! Will post again with more details as soon as I'm able. Just got back from honeymoon a couple hours ago - dust still settling! Looking forward to the picnic tho, for sure.

bigdaddyj

imported post

I will be attending with my brother and sister-in-law. Also I have a couple friends that are coming and said they are bringing about 10 people, as well as a bunch of paper plates. Haven't decided exactly what I am bringing as far as food but will bring something.

EM87

imported post

Since Ziggy said he couldn't make it anymore, we need someone to bring a grill. Any volunteers? He was going to bring some food too, so if someone else could bring a couple packages of hot dogs and/or burgers, that would be awesome.

EM87

imported post

Because the date of the picnic is rapidly approaching (and being that it's the first one I've organized) I feel that it's necessary to ask, am I missing anything? Is there any further organization needed? Please let me know if there's anything I still need to do!

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

EM87 wrote:
Because the date of the picnic is rapidly approaching (and being that it's the first one I've organized) I feel that it's necessary to ask, am I missing anything? Is there any further organization needed? Please let me know if there's anything I still need to do!
A couple suggestions for you just in case. You could always list a few items that have not been claimed yet on the list and ask if there is anyone else who can contribute.
Also, invite the local media out to the event, your coordinator can help you with that.
Other than that I'd say your probably good to go. Just make sure you get there a little earlier to get a good spot. Oh yea and have a great time!

cabman1

imported post

change of plans not bringing my truck.So I wont be able to bring the gas grill.

em87 you are doing a mighty fine job for the first picnic keep up the good work.If there is any where you can put up flyers for the picnic that would be a good idea.

If you give me the name of the local paper I can call them to see if i can get some media coverage.