Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: new guy

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ecity,NC/Portsmouth, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    13

    Post imported post

    Hey everyone, I've been on OC.org for a few months mainly just researching but I figured i would make a thread and say hi.I livein elizabeth city, i havent seen any open carry dinners in my area yet though.



    Anyways I have a question aswell, I was living in Va and bought a 1911 from a private seller because im 18. Can I OC in north carolina at 18? would i need to carry something to prove i bought the gun in VA since i dont have a nc purchase permit?

    thank you

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Concord, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    98

    Post imported post


    § 14‑269.7. Prohibitions on handguns for minors.
    (a) Any minor who possesses or carries a handgun is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor.
    ...
    (c) The following definitions apply in this section:
    ...
    (2) Minor. – Any person under 18 years of age. (1993, c. 259, s. 1; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 14, s. 5; 1993 (Reg. Sess., 1994), c. 597, s. 1.)
    Looks like you're legal.

    As for carrying proof that you bought the handgun in Virginia, you don't need it. You don't have to prove you bought it legally, the state has to prove you bought it illegally. Besides, there's nothing that says an 18-20 year old can't get a pistol purchase permit.



    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

    God's Plan of Salvation

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rockingham, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    861

    Post imported post

    John L wrote:
    Hey everyone, I've been on OC.org for a few months mainly just researching but I figured i would make a thread and say hi.I livein elizabeth city, i havent seen any open carry dinners in my area yet though.



    Anyways I have a question aswell, I was living in Va and bought a 1911 from a private seller because im 18. Can I OC in north carolina at 18? would i need to carry something to prove i bought the gun in VA since i dont have a nc purchase permit?

    thank you
    Welcome John ,

    I am kind of new here myself . Are you thinking about getting a Concealed Carry Permit also ? Got mine in JAN 09 and worried about someone seeing the gun . That is what lead me here .

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    462

    Post imported post

    Adam H wrote:
    § 14‑269.7. Prohibitions on handguns for minors.
    (a) Any minor who possesses or carries a handgun is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor.
    ...
    (c) The following definitions apply in this section:
    ...
    (2) Minor. – Any person under 18 years of age. (1993, c. 259, s. 1; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 14, s. 5; 1993 (Reg. Sess., 1994), c. 597, s. 1.)
    Looks like you're legal.

    As for carrying proof that you bought the handgun in Virginia, you don't need it. You don't have to prove you bought it legally, the state has to prove you bought it illegally. Besides, there's nothing that says an 18-20 year old can't get a pistol purchase permit.


    true, but ive only heard of 2 cases of a 18-20 year old getting one, both were cases of inheritance... i dont know of any sheriff that will issue them to people under 21 as a matter of course...

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Concord, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    98

    Post imported post

    Brad Riley, the Democratic:what:Sheriff of Cabarrus County does. Trust me.
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

    God's Plan of Salvation

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NEAR Chapel Hill/Durham, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    208

    Post imported post

    yeah, sheriff's wont issue pistol purchase permits in NC until you are 21.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ecity,NC/Portsmouth, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    13

    Post imported post



    Adam H wrote:
    § 14‑269.7. Prohibitions on handguns for minors.
    (a) Any minor who possesses or carries a handgun is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor.
    ...
    (c) The following definitions apply in this section:
    ...
    (2) Minor. – Any person under 18 years of age. (1993, c. 259, s. 1; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 14, s. 5; 1993 (Reg. Sess., 1994), c. 597, s. 1.)
    Looks like you're legal.

    As for carrying proof that you bought the handgun in Virginia, you don't need it. You don't have to prove you bought it legally, the state has to prove you bought it illegally. Besides, there's nothing that says an 18-20 year old can't get a pistol purchase permit.



    ok thanks



    BRobb19 wrote:
    yeah, sheriff's wont issue pistol purchase permits in NC until you are 21.
    yeah thats what i heard





    R a Z o R wrote:

    Welcome John ,

    I am kind of new here myself . Are you thinking about getting a Concealed Carry Permit also ? Got mine in JAN 09 and worried about someone seeing the gun . That is what lead me here .
    yes i am but sadly ill have to wait a few years





    thanks for the welcome and answers guys

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •