• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TOO MUCH B.S.

CaptainDan

imported post

OK here goes,

Without pissing any one off, the name of this forum is Open Carry. Not Screw with some one for their take on the subject. If I want to hear bickering and adolescent name calling I can call my kids.

I am recently back after an absence and have been astonished by all the name calling as well as basic fighting going on. If the practice of open carry isn't for you, by all means leave. There are forums all over the web for any intrest, hobby or passion.

This forum has until lately been an excellent source of information as well as a place to vent when my rights have been trampled. A place where free citizens of the same belief can find santuary if you will. I am sure I am not the only member of this mind. Many members have much to offer in the way of advice legal and otherwise, why make it a place of sarcism and stone throwing? Do we not get enough of that everywhere ealse for our beliefs? If you are a CC advocate, a cat lover , whatever find YOUR FORUM................THIS IS OPEN CARRY......................................

Fire Away

Flyer22

imported post

This forum is one of the least moderated--i.e., freest--forums on the web. Freedom is messy. If you don't like it, confine yourself to forums where the moderators enforce many rules.

cajunpapapump

imported post

:)Thank you very much, like you said it used to be fun and educational to come here but this last week hasn't been to good around here. Good post their captain Dan.

imported post

"Freedom is messy."

Ride down to the Harley gathering on private property known as the Biloxi Blowout on a Vespa scooter.
Be sure to wear your t-shirt which proclaims "Harley sucks."
Jump up and down, cursing and screaming at the crowd, insulting their choice of ride.

Let me know how that turns out.

Dustin

imported post

CaptainDan wrote:
This forum has until lately been an excellent source of information as well as a place to vent when my rights have been trampled. A place where free citizens of the same belief can find santuary if you will. I am sure I am not the only member of this mind. Many members have much to offer in the way of advice legal and otherwise, why make it a place of sarcism and stone throwing? Do we not get enough of that everywhere ealse for our beliefs? If you are a CC advocate, a cat lover , whatever find YOUR FORUM................THIS IS OPEN CARRY......................................

Fire Away

+1 :)

FogRider

imported post

Flyer22 wrote:
This forum is one of the least moderated--i.e., freest--forums on the web. Freedom is messy. If you don't like it, confine yourself to forums where the moderators enforce many rules.
It doesn't have to be this messy. Personally, I'd like to see some more moderation around here. It doesn't have to be as strict as some other forums, but there's got to be something better than the free for all we've got now. This isn't supposed to be a completely free forum. It's supposed to be about OC, not everything that pops into your skull. And just because you can come up with some tenuous connection doesn't mean it's actually OC related. Any subject at all can be related to OC if you try hard enough.

Syntax Error

imported post

Ok, I was going to start a new topic and post this Friday, but I had "pressing" matters that did not permit me to do so. I too came back after being out of town working. I was taken aback by the amount of name calling. I started doing some research, (sorry it is just my nature). I found that Mark was being targeted specifically and open carry on a lesser level. I also found the following.

Derf JOINED 6/13/09

ROFLMAO (interesting choice) Logged as guest only.

KDick3 JOINED 6/18/09

LSUShawn JOINED 6/13/09

BayouBocephus JOINED 6/13/09

Seems like a truly concerted, organized effort against you Mark.

For those that do not know, you can click the username and see the posts all in line. Nothing I read from either of these above were anything other than a direct attack of Mark or Open Carry. They even drummed up Months old topics to take their stab.

To bad we do not have ignore option.

I would like to suggest that moderators block members, but that could be counter-productive. Just know that there is often a reason we see things.

R/

Matt

imported post

Someone else PM'd me, told me "you must be doing something right, you've got 'em all coming at you."
LOL, must be true.
Wonder how many of them are LEO's/ LEO wannabes?
One thing's for sure: they don't like someone bringing OC to the forefront of attention.
OH, I guess I could take one of their suggestions: OC at home where it won't offend anyone.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Syntax Error wrote:
Ok, I was going to start a new topic and post this Friday, but I had "pressing" matters that did not permit me to do so. I too came back after being out of town working. I was taken aback by the amount of name calling. I started doing some research, (sorry it is just my nature). I found that Mark was being targeted specifically and open carry on a lesser level. I also found the following.

Derf JOINED 6/13/09

ROFLMAO (interesting choice) Logged as guest only.

KDick3 JOINED 6/18/09

LSUShawn JOINED 6/13/09

BayouBocephus JOINED 6/13/09

Seems like a truly concerted, organized effort against you Mark.

For those that do not know, you can click the username and see the posts all in line. Nothing I read from either of these above were anything other than a direct attack of Mark or Open Carry. They even drummed up Months old topics to take their stab.

To bad we do not have ignore option.

I would like to suggest that moderators block members, but that could be counter-productive. Just know that there is often a reason we see things.

R/

Matt
Absolutely, he is being targeted.

Check out the registration and posting history of JeepSeller, and the registrations of Glock23-4-Me and oneinthepipe. These people came here to target me and pollute the florida Forum immediately after my victory on Florida gun rights.

If you start making a stand for Liberty, and dare to win, look for the authoritarians and anti-gunners to come running.

Friends, we have strangers in our house.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Wonder how many of them are LEO's/ LEO wannabes?
Ewww, you really think so? Gross.

One thing's for sure: they don't like someone bringing OC to the forefront of attention. OH, I guess I could take one of their suggestions: OC at home where it won't offend anyone.
I had a friend tell me that he finds gun owners to be the people who are the worst haters of freedom. I tell him guns are all about freedom, and he says: "No. you want them [gun owners] to be, because you are [all about freedom], but they [gun owners] aren't." He tells me that I'd find a much greater freedom-loving crowd if I "got away from those people."

He's right, of course, and that's sad.

I still haven't completely resolved why there are so many cop-lovers in the gun-owning ranks. Seems like a colossal case of cognitive dissonance.

imported post

As Larry the Cable Guy would say, " I don't know about all that, but..............."

The most vehement opposition I ever met was a guy who bragged about his lifetime NRA status, the dozens of competition-shooting events he and his entire family won, the dozens of weapons his home arsenal contained and the vast number of rounds he shot almost every weekend.

But he made it quite clear: "I don't want to walk into WalMart and see everyone wearing a gun."

When the Gonzales police FINALLY had enough of the nationwide bad publicity all over the internet, they called me, "PLEASE come get your gun." Capt. Sammy, too, bragged about being another of those lifetime NRA members.

As for the copsuckers, well, go figure................

smoking357

Banned
imported post

But he made it quite clear: "I don't want to walk into WalMart and see everyone wearing a gun."
Well, let's settle this. Is there anyone who doesn't want to see everyone wearing a gun in walmart?

I don't mind. Mark doesn't mind.

This question really determines whether you belong here.

Decoligny

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Well, let's settle this. Is there anyone who doesn't want to see everyone wearing a gun in walmart?

I don't mind. Mark doesn't mind.

This question really determines whether you belong here.
I don't want to see "everyone" in WalMart carrying a gun. I want to see anyone who wishes to carry a gun in WalMart allowed to carry in WalMart.

As it is corporate policy to obey the state laws, I see no reason for any WalMart to deny law abiding citizens from carrying a gun.

Whether it be WalMart, when picking up the kids from school, at the town hall meetings, in the barber shop, at church, at dinner whilehaving a nice "chianti", anywhere, and everywhere.

JeepSeller

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
I don't want to see "everyone" in WalMart carrying a gun. I want to see anyone who wishes to carry a gun in WalMart allowed to carry in WalMart.

As it is corporate policy to obey the state laws, I see no reason for any WalMart to deny law abiding citizens from carrying a gun.

Exactly. And if a representative of WalMart violates that corporate policy, the beef is not with LE, but, with WalMart itself, more specifically, that representative of WalMart who failed to comply with corporate policy. LE is simply honoring the request of a property owner and/or it's representative. It's not their place to know corporate policy. Only the laws regarding property rights.

The so called "beef" some of us have with recent topics is not WalMart or carrying in a WM..but, the offensive attitude toward LE for simply protecting property rights.

I wish we could all carry when ever, where ever, and how ever we choose. But, currently that is not the case and I stand my ground that the way to accomplish change is by being a good representation of gun owners and not a poor one.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Yes, the beef IS with the LEO.
Whether he's violating people on behalf of his statist handlers or Walmart, it's HIS responsibility to know right from wrong.
Quit making excuses for the LEO community's misbehavior.
***APPLAUSE***

Applause.jpg

JeepSeller

imported post

Yes, the beef IS with the LEO.
Whether he's violating people on behalf of his statist handlers or Walmart, it's HIS responsibility to know right from wrong.
Quit making excuses for the LEO community's misbehavior.

I will no longer participate in any inflamatorydiscussions regarding LEO's. THat's against the rules of this forum and has no value. You hate them. That's your right. But, it doesn't mean you ARE right.

Make some logical valuable contributions to the discussion instead.