Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Buying in Nye County

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    60

    Post imported post

    My dad is considering by a weapon from a store up in Pahrump. He was curious if he would be subject to the 3 day waiting period since he never purchased a weapon there before.

    We've been trying to research it but have come up with jack and squat.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    , Nevada, USA
    Posts
    716

    Post imported post

    Ifhe isa Nv. resident, there should be no waiting period required, except for the time that it takes to phone inhis background check.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    524

    Post imported post

    The three day waiting period is only in Clark County.

    Ken

  4. #4
    Regular Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greene County
    Posts
    3,844

    Post imported post

    CowboyKen wrote:
    The three day waiting period is only in Clark County.

    Ken
    IIRC, Henderson, Laughlin and Boulder City don'thave a 3 day wait, it is only in Las Vegas, all are in Clark County.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.


    ~Alan Korwin

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    524

    Post imported post

    Agent19 wrote:
    CowboyKen wrote:
    The three day waiting period is only in Clark County.

    Ken
    IIRC, Henderson, Laughlin and Boulder City don'thave a 3 day wait, it is only in Las Vegas, all are in Clark County.
    The three day wait applies to all of Clark County.

    The Clark County Code:

    http://www.municode.com/Resources/ga...214&sid=28

    12.04.080 Time between sale and delivery of pistol.When any sale of a pistol is made by a dealer under this chapter, seventy-two hours must elapse between the time of sale and the time of delivery to the purchaser. When delivered, all pistols must be securely wrapped and be unloaded, and must be accompanied by a receipt signed by the dealer, setting forth the name, address, and description of the purchaser or transferee, a complete description of the pistol (including the manufacturer, model and manufacturer's serial number thereof), the date and time of sale, and the date and time of delivery, of such pistol, and advice to the purchaser or transferee if a resident of the county that the pistol must be registered with the sheriff within seventy-two hours.


    (Ord. 3571 § 2, 2007: Ord. 242 § 8, 1965)

    Ken

  6. #6
    Regular Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greene County
    Posts
    3,844

    Post imported post

    Thanks for posting the cite.

    Since you stated a fact of law t should have been include your first post.
    Iknew a challenge to your info would get you to post one.:P

    [line]


    ETA:
    Without me asking for it directly.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.


    ~Alan Korwin

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    60

    Post imported post

    Thank you very much for your help.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    524

    Post imported post

    Agent19 wrote:
    Thanks for posting the cite.

    Since you stated a fact of law t should have been include your first post.
    Iknew a challenge to your info would get you to post one.:P

    [line]


    ETA:
    Without me asking for it directly.
    Why? Because you are too lazy to look it up? So I have to post it for you? BS.

    Ken

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    374

    Post imported post

    CowboyKen wrote:
    Agent19 wrote:
    Thanks for posting the cite.

    Since you stated a fact of law t should have been include your first post.
    Iknew a challenge to your info would get you to post one.:P

    [line]


    ETA:
    Without me asking for it directly.
    Why? Because you are too lazy to look it up? So I have to post it for you? BS.

    Ken
    Forum Rule #7: "If you state a rule of law, it is incumbant upon you to try to cite, as best you can, to authority."

    You, sir, are both lazy and stupid.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    524

    Post imported post

    Flyer22 wrote:
    Why? Because you are too lazy to look it up? So I have to post it for you? BS.

    Ken


    Forum Rule #7: "If you state a rule of law, it is incumbant upon you to try to cite, as best you can, to authority."

    You, sir, are both lazy and stupid.

    I suspect that I've posted more links to Nevada law then anyone else who posts here. I don't need any JERKs from Colorsdo,orVirginia,Tell me what to post or how to post it.

    Ken

    p.s.; Be careful who you call STUPID - we may not let you come to Vegas ever again.


  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    39

    Post imported post

    Flyer22 wrote:
    CowboyKen wrote:
    Agent19 wrote:
    Thanks for posting the cite.

    Since you stated a fact of law t should have been include your first post.
    Iknew a challenge to your info would get you to post one.:P

    [line]


    ETA:
    Without me asking for it directly.
    Why? Because you are too lazy to look it up? So I have to post it for you? BS.

    Ken
    Forum Rule #7: "If you state a rule of law, it is incumbant upon you to try to cite, as best you can, to authority."

    You, sir, are both lazy and stupid.

    And you are a smelly Piece of Dog$hit.....CowboyKen is a valuable asset to our forum, how dare you insult him in such a way.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    374

    Post imported post

    geoffw wrote:
    And you are a smelly Piece of Dog$hit.....CowboyKen is a valuable asset to our forum, how dare you insult him in such a way.
    I'm in a good mood this morning, so I'll just say this: any of the Worthless Wonders of the world who thinks that he can beat me at slinging insults has another think coming. And I don't need to stoop to profanity or any semblance thereof, either.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    524

    Post imported post

    Flyer22 wrote:
    geoffw wrote:
    And you are a smelly Piece of Dog$hit.....CowboyKen is a valuable asset to our forum, how dare you insult him in such a way.
    I'm in a good mood this morning, so I'll just say this: any of the Worthless Wonders of the world who thinks that he can beat me at slinging insults has another think coming. And I don't need to stoop to profanity or any semblance thereof, either.
    I've read some of your other posts on this forum and I think you are right. You rarely have anything positive or helpful to contribute but you are really good at being insulting.

    Ken

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pahrump, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    261

    Post imported post

    Thanks, gentlemen.

    This WAS a valuable thread.



  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    108

    Post imported post

    Putting the childish name calling aside, doesn't the NRS statutes pre-empt that law? It has to do with the sale, transfer, and/or possession of a firearm... right? I'm confused. I knowclark county iscontinuing to utilize the law but I don't recall anything but gun registration being exmpt from the pre-emtion laws...



    maybe because no one has challanged it?

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    524

    Post imported post

    nomidlname wrote:
    Putting the childish name calling aside, doesn't the NRS statutes pre-empt that law? It has to do with the sale, transfer, and/or possession of a firearm... right? I'm confused. I knowclark county iscontinuing to utilize the law but I don't recall anything but gun registration being exmpt from the pre-emtion laws...



    maybe because no one has challanged it?
    Sir, you are entirely correct IMO. Of course the Nevada AG has stated otherwise on her web-site. All Clark County FFLs are following the Clark County Code, as far as I know. I don't think there is any way to get them to stop. JMHO.

    So if you buy a gun in Clark County, from a dealer, and you don't have a permit or a blue card, you will have to wait three days.

    Ken

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •