• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buying in Nye County

Zed Snardbody

imported post

My dad is considering by a weapon from a store up in Pahrump. He was curious if he would be subject to the 3 day waiting period since he never purchased a weapon there before.

We've been trying to research it but have come up with jack and squat.

Gordie

imported post

Ifhe isa Nv. resident, there should be no waiting period required, except for the time that it takes to phone inhis background check.

Marco

imported post

CowboyKen wrote:
The three day waiting period is only in Clark County.

Ken
IIRC, Henderson, Laughlin and Boulder City don'thave a 3 day wait, it is only in Las Vegas, all are in Clark County.

CowboyKen

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
CowboyKen wrote:
The three day waiting period is only in Clark County.

Ken
IIRC, Henderson, Laughlin and Boulder City don'thave a 3 day wait, it is only in Las Vegas, all are in Clark County.
The three day wait applies to all of Clark County.

The Clark County Code:

http://www.municode.com/Resources/gateway.asp?pid=16214&sid=28

12.04.080 Time between sale and delivery of pistol.When any sale of a pistol is made by a dealer under this chapter, seventy-two hours must elapse between the time of sale and the time of delivery to the purchaser. When delivered, all pistols must be securely wrapped and be unloaded, and must be accompanied by a receipt signed by the dealer, setting forth the name, address, and description of the purchaser or transferee, a complete description of the pistol (including the manufacturer, model and manufacturer's serial number thereof), the date and time of sale, and the date and time of delivery, of such pistol, and advice to the purchaser or transferee if a resident of the county that the pistol must be registered with the sheriff within seventy-two hours.

(Ord. 3571 § 2, 2007: Ord. 242 § 8, 1965)

Ken

Marco

imported post

Thanks for posting the cite.

Since you stated a fact of law t should have been include your first post.:idea:
Iknew a challenge to your info would get you to post one.:p

[line]

ETA:
Without me asking for it directly.

CowboyKen

imported post

Agent19 wrote:

Since you stated a fact of law t should have been include your first post.:idea:

[line]

ETA:

Why? Because you are too lazy to look it up? So I have to post it for you? BS.

Ken

Flyer22

imported post

CowboyKen wrote:
Agent19 wrote:

[line]

ETA:

Ken

Forum Rule #7: "If you state a rule of law, it is incumbant upon you to try to cite, as best you can, to authority."

You, sir, are both lazy and stupid.

CowboyKen

imported post

Flyer22 wrote:

Ken

Forum Rule #7: "If you state a rule of law, it is incumbant upon you to try to cite, as best you can, to authority."

I suspect that I've posted more links to Nevada law then anyone else who posts here. I don't need any JERKs from Colorsdo,orVirginia,Tell me what to post or how to post it.

Ken

p.s.; Be careful who you call STUPID - we may not let you come to Vegas ever again.

geoffw

imported post

Flyer22 wrote:
CowboyKen wrote:
Agent19 wrote:

[line]

ETA:

Ken

And you are a smelly Piece of Dog$hit.....CowboyKen is a valuable asset to our forum, how dare you insult him in such a way.

Flyer22

imported post

geoffw wrote:
And you are a smelly Piece of Dog$hit.....CowboyKen is a valuable asset to our forum, how dare you insult him in such a way.
I'm in a good mood this morning, so I'll just say this: any of the Worthless Wonders of the world who thinks that he can beat me at slinging insults has another think coming. And I don't need to stoop to profanity or any semblance thereof, either.

CowboyKen

imported post

Flyer22 wrote:
geoffw wrote:
I'm in a good mood this morning, so I'll just say this: any of the Worthless Wonders of the world who thinks that he can beat me at slinging insults has another think coming. And I don't need to stoop to profanity or any semblance thereof, either.

I've read some of your other posts on this forum and I think you are right. You rarely have anything positive or helpful to contribute but you are really good at being insulting.

Ken

nomidlname

imported post

Putting the childish name calling aside, doesn't the NRS statutes pre-empt that law? It has to do with the sale, transfer, and/or possession of a firearm... right? I'm confused. I knowclark county iscontinuing to utilize the law but I don't recall anything but gun registration being exmpt from the pre-emtion laws...

maybe because no one has challanged it?

CowboyKen

imported post

nomidlname wrote:
Putting the childish name calling aside, doesn't the NRS statutes pre-empt that law? It has to do with the sale, transfer, and/or possession of a firearm... right? I'm confused. I knowclark county iscontinuing to utilize the law but I don't recall anything but gun registration being exmpt from the pre-emtion laws...

maybe because no one has challanged it?

Sir, you are entirely correct IMO. Of course the Nevada AG has stated otherwise on her web-site. All Clark County FFLs are following the Clark County Code, as far as I know. I don't think there is any way to get them to stop. JMHO.

So if you buy a gun in Clark County, from a dealer, and you don't have a permit or a blue card, you will have to wait three days.

Ken