• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video of VCDL addressing Richmond City Council

curtiswr

imported post

Thank you for posting this! I wasn't able to make it last night and I don't have TV.

I'm glad Skidmark stood his ground and didn't allow the unnecessarily obtrusive announcements of a 30 second time limit stop him, although I am sure there was more he wanted to say. Who announces the time limit? Is it someone on the council that should be listening rather than focusing attention on a stopwatch or is there designated time-keeper on the side?

I look forward to the VCDL meeting tomorrow and also to hearing about what Cecilia Garner discusses with Grapeshot/Skidmark/Mr. Van Cleave/whoever she talks to regarding the sticker and colliseum fiasco today.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

curtiswr wrote:
Thank you for posting this! I wasn't able to make it last night and I don't have TV.

I'm glad Skidmark stood his ground and didn't allow the unnecessarily obtrusive announcements of a 30 second time limit stop him, although I am sure there was more he wanted to say. Who announces the time limit? Is it someone on the council that should be listening rather than focusing attention on a stopwatch or is there designated time-keeper on the side?

I look forward to the VCDL meeting tomorrow and also to hearing about what Cecilia Garner discusses with Grapeshot/Skidmark/Mr. Van Cleave/whoever she talks to regarding the sticker and colliseum fiasco today.
Cecelia Graner called this afternoon and requested more time. She said she had been working on the problem all day, contacting other people etc. and that she would call tomorrow morning with a definitive response.

See you at the VCDL meeting.

Yata hey

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
curtiswr wrote:

Cecelia Graner called this afternoon and requested more time. She said she had been working on the problem all day, contacting other people etc. and that she would call tomorrow morning with a definitive response.

See you at the VCDL meeting.

Yata hey
Grape let me know what she has to say. I will not be able to attend meeting tomarrow.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
Grape let me know what she has to say. I will not be able to attend meeting tomarrow.
Mayor's assistant is still "working" on it."

My promised phone call did not materialize yesterday morning or yesterday afternoon. Called and left another message myself.

She told Philip (VCDL pres) that this might take several days more.

You must appreciate that the 1st Amendment is very difficult to understand and its impact on the city, Coliseum, SMG and the citizen's of Richmond is something to be thoroughly researched before making a determination.

Let's also not forget that the stickers had the word "guns" on them.

Perhaps they are worried that they will get something on them that won't wash off.

Sheeeesh.

Yata hey

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Wolf_shadow wrote:
Mayor's assistant is still "working" on it."

My promised phone call did not materialize yesterday morning or yesterday afternoon. Called and left another message myself.

She told Philip (VCDL pres) that this might take several days more.

You must appreciate that the 1st Amendment is very difficult to understand and its impact on the city, Coliseum, SMG and the citizen's of Richmond is something to be thoroughly researched before making a determination.

Let's also not forget that the stickers had the word "guns" on them.

Perhaps they are worried that they will get something on them that won't wash off.

Sheeeesh.

Yata hey
I think you are missing the obviously aggravating circumstances here, circumstances that surely void any constitutional rights bugaboos.

You see, the stickers were ORANGE! Blaze Orange! Like hunters wear. Hunters with GUNS. Usually extra dangerous types of guns that are big and look ever dangerous and fearful.

So the stickers not only have the word GUNS on them, they also signify dangerous "high powered assault type" weapons and slaughter of wildlife.

It is almost , therefore, a moral imperative, to stop such scary stickers, that bring to mind scary bad things. For the children!