Thread: Taking a Freedom Vacation From Florida

Banned

Post imported post

Over the 4th, I'm going to get in the car and drive out of this state for a much-needed break. As soon as I hit the Georgia line, I'm going to pull over and strap my holster back on and openly carry my 1911 for the first time in months.

Post imported post

make sure to Open Carry in glynn county they like for you to :P
    http://www.georgiacarry.com/county/g...%206-10-08.pdf

Post imported post

Personally I'd gladly trade the ability to carry openly for living in a place where it never drops below 70 degrees in "winter" -- but I guess that's just me.

Banned

Post imported post

Virginian683 wrote:
    Personally I'd gladly trade the ability to carry openly for living in a place where it never drops below 70 degrees in "winter" -- but I guess that's just me.
    Don't believe the videos. You'd be amazed at how many people who work here want to retire to Tennessee, North Carolina and Virginia.

Post imported post

smoking357 wrote:
    Over the 4th, I'm going to get in the car and drive out of this state for a much-needed break. As soon as I hit the Georgia line, I'm going to pull over and strap my holster back on and openly carry my 1911 for the first time in months.

I OC when I visit georgia as well, just make sure when you pull over and openly carry that you dont stop at the rest area because that is a government building and off limits.

Post imported post

I understand... although I think your state is a wonderful place to visit, just would not want to live there.

I drove down to FL with my kids to visit my parents in Port St Lucie; I OC'd to just shy of the FL state line and then went cc (I have a MI CPL)

After basically OCing for quite some time, the CC requirement felt "wrong". I traveled by airplane on the return, so it wasn't an issue going back.

Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

Virginian683 wrote:
    Never drops below 70? Huh? What state is that? It sure isn't Florida!