• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taking a Freedom Vacation From Florida

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Over the 4th, I'm going to get in the car and drive out of this state for a much-needed break. As soon as I hit the Georgia line, I'm going to pull over and strap my holster back on and openly carry my 1911 for the first time in months.

Virginian683

imported post

Personally I'd gladly trade the ability to carry openly for living in a place where it never drops below 70 degrees in "winter" -- but I guess that's just me.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Virginian683 wrote:
Personally I'd gladly trade the ability to carry openly for living in a place where it never drops below 70 degrees in "winter" -- but I guess that's just me.
Don't believe the videos. You'd be amazed at how many people who work here want to retire to Tennessee, North Carolina and Virginia.

glock4me

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Over the 4th, I'm going to get in the car and drive out of this state for a much-needed break. As soon as I hit the Georgia line, I'm going to pull over and strap my holster back on and openly carry my 1911 for the first time in months.

I OC when I visit georgia as well, just make sure when you pull over and openly carry that you dont stop at the rest area because that is a government building and off limits. :lol:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

I understand... although I think your state is a wonderful place to visit, just would not want to live there.

I drove down to FL with my kids to visit my parents in Port St Lucie; I OC'd to just shy of the FL state line and then went cc (I have a MI CPL)

After basically OCing for quite some time, the CC requirement felt "wrong". I traveled by airplane on the return, so it wasn't an issue going back.

starbuck

imported post

Virginian683 wrote:

Never drops below 70? Huh? What state is that? It sure isn't Florida!