• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jerry's Gun shop Rochester Hills

Jblack44

imported post

Looking to purchase a new holster. They are close to work and I don't want to go to Bass Pro Shops since they are not OC friendly. Anyone been to Jerry's?

Jblack44

imported post

Yeah it's only 5-10 mintues from my work. Just thought I'd ask here if people had any expierence with them. I'll probably pop in on my lunch hour real soon.

1/75SNOT2

imported post

Jerrys is literally 3 blocks from my parents place in downtown City of Rochester. As far as I know they should be fine with you carrying OC. Granted the many times I have been there the only people blatantly carrying open are Jerrys employees..
of note jerry has the building up for sale and word in the local rumor mill is that he is closing. Also note he is a small time shop. You will not find a lot of holsters and such in front stock as he operates out of a converted house.

PilotPTK

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, US
imported post

I went to Jerry's long long ago when I first bought my first gun (Colt Full Frame 1911). To be honest, I found the place less than pleasant. I was interested in having a little work done to the gun (Night sights, and a good sight alignment), and the employees there seems totally un-interested in helping me. I was pretty young (20 If memory serves), but even at that time of my life, I conducted myself professionally and wasn't one of "Those Kids". I ended up selecting a different gun-shop.

While at Jerry's, I also expressed interest in buying an IWB Holster for the gun, and Jerry's told me that I absolutely could not 'try on' any of their holsters. If I can't try it on, I might as well buy it online and save 30 or 40 percent. That's the allure of a Brick and Mortar shop in this day and age.

Just my 2c, but places I spend my money have to qualify in at least two areas:
1) Gun Friendly
2) Friendly

Ben

discerningshootist

imported post

I wholeheartedly agree. That's why I run my business based on Client relations, not customer. You see, a client is someone whom my business has a relationship with, not just interested in making a quick sale.
Sure, I've made some mistakes, but I've always tried to make it right.
I certainly am not local for you guys, but I would be glad to help you out selecting the proper form/function holster for you.