Thread: Motorcycle open carry

Post imported post

I am planning a week long trip riding through parts of AZ, Sedona and the Grand Canyon.
    My friend lives in Phoenix area that is riding with me. I am planning to open carry.
    Is there anything I need to know while carrying on a motorcycle?

J

Post imported post

just make sure its visible. and dont drive by any schools

Post imported post

good retention holster. nothing sucks worse than seeing your gun hit the pavement

Post imported post

Check the legality in the Grand Canyon 'park' area. You may also pass thru various Indian reservations/Tribal lands. OC is a negative there. Watch for the signs. Not all Indian cops have fancy marked cars.

Post imported post

I have to concur with Sonoran Rebel. National Parks are a no-fly zone for OC until next year. National Forests are okay though (at least according to the Rangers I've spoken to...)

Corrected to include......

I should add. National Forests, as a general guideline are subject to State rules, so in Virginia you would have to follow Virginia's Cased Gun Laws, but in Arizona you have to follow the basic safety laws: Shooting in the direction of a known backdrop, not discharging a firearm within 1/4 mile of a residence or other occupied structure, etc.

Post imported post

+1 about not a good idea to OC in a Indian Reservation. It's their land, their laws, their beliefs and their Police........:what:

PS...watch your speed limit while riding thru reservations.

Post imported post

I know that White Mountain Apaches allow you to ride/drive OC as long as you're on State/Federal Highways and you don't actually stop anywhere on the Res. Just don't get caught with a firearm on a Res road.

Post imported post

GWbiker wrote:
    +1 about not a good idea to OC in a Indian Reservation. It's their land, their laws, their beliefs and their Police........:what:

PS...watch your speed limit while riding thru reservations
    Might be a good time as any to dust off this link..... although is a tad dated (12/08), still could be helpful for Arizona citizens.....

http://arizonaccwpermit.com/2008/12/...rizona-permit/