• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Motorcycle open carry

guitrman1001

imported post

I am planning a week long trip riding through parts of AZ, Sedona and the Grand Canyon.
My friend lives in Phoenix area that is riding with me. I am planning to open carry.
Is there anything I need to know while carrying on a motorcycle?

J

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Check the legality in the Grand Canyon 'park' area. You may also pass thru various Indian reservations/Tribal lands. OC is a negative there. Watch for the signs. Not all Indian cops have fancy marked cars.

davesnothere

imported post

I have to concur with Sonoran Rebel. National Parks are a no-fly zone for OC until next year. National Forests are okay though (at least according to the Rangers I've spoken to...)

Corrected to include......

I should add. National Forests, as a general guideline are subject to State rules, so in Virginia you would have to follow Virginia's Cased Gun Laws, but in Arizona you have to follow the basic safety laws: Shooting in the direction of a known backdrop, not discharging a firearm within 1/4 mile of a residence or other occupied structure, etc.

GWbiker

imported post

+1 about not a good idea to OC in a Indian Reservation. It's their land, their laws, their beliefs and their Police........:what:

PS...watch your speed limit while riding thru reservations.

davesnothere

imported post

I know that White Mountain Apaches allow you to ride/drive OC as long as you're on State/Federal Highways and you don't actually stop anywhere on the Res. Just don't get caught with a firearm on a Res road.

GWbiker