Thread: Open carry in vehicle

Post imported post

If you have your GFL, can you open carry on yourself while driving? Meaning can I have my pistol in a holster on my hip while driving or do I have to take it off and either place it in plan site or in a glove box?

Post imported post

Yes. Anywhere on your person. Concealed or open. Concealed must be in a holster. IANAL.

Post imported post

if you have a GFL you can have your gun any where you want
    ar15 sbr glock 19 beretta m9
    Proud Lifetime georgia carry member
    nam vet

Post imported post

kkopp2005 wrote:
    If you have your GFL, can you open carry on yourself while driving? Meaning can I have my pistol in a holster on my hip while driving or do I have to take it off and either place it in plan site or in a glove box?
    With or without a GFL, in Georgia, you can carry concealed or openly anywhere inside your vehicle.

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2...B_89_AP_14.htm

[size=(d) This Code section shall not forbid the transportation of any firearm by a person who is not among those enumerated as ineligible for a license under Code Section 16-11-129, provided the firearm is enclosed in a case, unloaded, and separated from its ammunition. ][/size](e)[size= This Code section shall not forbid any person who is not among those enumerated as ineligible for a license under Code Section 16-11-129 from transporting a loaded firearm in any private passenger motor vehicle][/size]

A holster is not required inside a vehicle, but I'd recommend one for keeping the firearm steady and in one location if possible.

[size=c) This Code section shall not permit, outside of his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business, the concealed carrying of a pistol, revolver, or concealable firearm by any person unless that person has on his or her person a valid license issued under Code Section16-11-129 and the pistol, revolver, or firearm may only be carried in a shoulder holster, waist belt holster, any other holster, hipgrip, or any other similar device, in which event the weapon may be concealed by the personĀ“s clothing, or a handbag, purse, attache case, briefcase, or other closed container.][/size]

Post imported post

Jonas Salk wrote:
    kkopp2005 wrote:
    With or without a GFL, in Georgia, you can carry concealed or openly anywhere inside your vehicle.

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2...B_89_AP_14.htm

[size=(d) This Code section shall not forbid the transportation of any firearm by a person who is not among those enumerated as ineligible for a license under Code Section 16-11-129, provided the firearm is enclosed in a case, unloaded, and separated from its ammunition.](e)[size= This Code section shall not forbid any person who is not among those enumerated as ineligible for a license under Code Section 16-11-129 from transporting a loaded firearm in any private passenger motor vehicle]

A holster is not required inside a vehicle, but I'd recommend one for keeping the firearm steady and in one location if possible.

[size=c) This Code section shall not permit, outside of his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business, the concealed carrying of a pistol, revolver, or concealable firearm by any person unless that person has on his or her person a valid license issued under Code Section16-11-129 and the pistol, revolver, or firearm may only be carried in a shoulder holster, waist belt holster, any other holster, hipgrip, or any other similar device, in which event the weapon may be concealed by the personĀ“s clothing, or a handbag, purse, attache case, briefcase, or other closed container.]

if your eligible(meaning a resident 21+ and not prohibited) for anyone else its very hard to open carry(pretty much impossible with respect to case law)