• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DEATH & INJURY ... as far as the eye can see

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Upset with Obama's lack of action , Huffington Post gives new orders to the enemies of the Second Amendment .

' Know thy enemy ' and as gun owners we should .

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dennis-a-henigan/is-gun-control_b_219136.html.

Last paragraph ......

" It is critical that gun control advocates fight the phony ' cultural ' framing of the gun issue at every turn . This debate is not above about the values of the gun owners , it is about the safety of everyone . If the gun lobby is allowed to define the gun debate on its own deceptive terms , we face a future in which death and injury from gunfire will continue as part of the American landscape for as far as the eye can see . "

How do we counter this fight comming at every turn ?

There are great pro-2A comments at the end of the Huffington Post article also .

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
" It is critical that gun control advocates fight the phony ' cultural ' framing of the gun issue at every turn . "

How do we counter this fight comming at every turn ?

By not acting like the stereotypical, extreme-right gun owner that you are. Kind of like I've been saying for forever now.

Oh, and don't read the Huffington Post, it'll rot your brain.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Safety and security is the song being sung against us . The question is ... are we strong enough to offer the strengh and maturity to win without getting into an emotional moody fit ?

1.] Law abiding gun owners are telling the truth about reduced crime .

2.] Law adiding trained gun owners increasethe well being , security , and safetyin the community .

3.] An armed society is a polite society .

4.] Do you want to be part in the taking apart of the Constitution and America's sovereignty ?

5.] Before you make a decision about this hot divisive topic , wouldn't it be best to look at both sides of this important issue ?

6.] Bad guys are cowards and leavelaw abiding peaceful folkthat protect themselves alone .

7.] Please don't take away my right to protect my family .

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:

The Brady Bunch would be much more helpful for the country if they told the truth . The Brady Campaign has zero credibility left. Many are still effected from hearing the lies and half truth laced with mostly feel good emotions .

As AWDstylezstated. . . " it'll rot your brain . "

We the law abiding citizens offer the real security and personal safety .

We the supporters of the Second Amendment believe in enforcing the existing laws to prevent crime .

We are against all the lies of the Brady Campaign .

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:

By not acting like the stereotypical, extreme-right gun owner that you are.

What do you think AWDstylez , if the Iranians had a Second Amendment would they be better off ? Enjoy this 2 min. video .

http://freshleadership.blogspot.com/2009/06/iranian-student-on-cnn-pleads-for-help.html

Pleading to President Obama . The Brady Bunch is silent about liberty and freedom .

A rent a mob back in the 1950s by the CIA has long been forgiven and forgotten

XD40coyote

imported post

I wish the Brady Bunch would hurry up and be the gun issue version of peta. They are partway there already, but if you know about peta, you know they are not generally taken seriouslyby a majority of the public, and are a big rediculous exposed as hypocrites laughingstock. Of course the media will cover the outragious peta publicity stunts more than the stupid stunts the anti gunners do. You are more likley to hear about peta comparing animal farming to the Holocaust or women wrapped as meat in giant packages, than the big news outlets covering the "lie ins" in VA and the VCDL excellent counterings to them. The anti gunners seem to operate moreunder the radar and work internally, rather than going out and having silly stupid attention whoring protests like peta does. Yet both groups spew the stupidest lies and misinformationabout their respective causes.

The pro gun groups basically are battling a series of connected forces thatare akin to hunters and trappers battling the HSUS.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

I've got no problem with PETA, and they actually run some very effective ad campaigns. Just because you think they're joke, doesn't make them a joke.

Semi-NSFW

http://www.peta.org.uk/feat/buttons/200-jodiemarsh.jpg

1395000534_38fb549724.jpg

66217_4

Brady Bunch doesn't have shit on PETA.

Flintlock

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
I've got no problem with PETA, and they actually run some very effective ad campaigns.
Effective against whom? I think they are laughable and only encourage me to eat NY Strip.

Just because you think they're joke, doesn't make them a joke.

And just because you don't think they are doesn't make them not.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/282260/peta_when_animal_rights_becomes_terrorism.html?cat=9

"let's review what PETA means by "total animal liberation." PETA defines this as follows: No wearing of leather, fur, or any other animal product; no eating meat or drinking milk; no eating of eggs or honey; no zoos, circuses, 4H, or any other animal exhibition; no fishing or hunting; no medical testing of any kind upon animals, and no pets."

Since you love to use extremist labels, I'll throw this one at you. Any group this extreme that has an agenda as written above will never be taken seriously by any section of the nation, not even California. Safari Club International (A globalpro hunting rights group)devotes more money, time, resources, and effortsfor animal conservation than PETA and it's mere 800,000 memberscould even dream and it's not even close.

As long as they hire Hollywoodcelebrity actresses to campaign for them, poor buckets of paint onto people wearing expensive furs, and supporting and possibly contributing toEco-Terrorist groups to promote their radical agenda, I doubt anything will ever change for them.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That's a great way to market anything but ideas. I see bimbos, the last thing that occurs to me is "I should listen to what they have to say!"

It's a good way to sell just about anything else, but I'm afraid PETA is missing the boat.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
I've got no problem with PETA, and they actually run some very effective ad campaigns.
Effective against whom? I think they are laughable and only encourage me to eat NY Strip.

Just because you think they're joke, doesn't make them a joke.

And just because you don't think they are doesn't make them not.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/282260/peta_when_animal_rights_becomes_terrorism.html?cat=9

"let's review what PETA means by "total animal liberation." PETA defines this as follows: No wearing of leather, fur, or any other animal product; no eating meat or drinking milk; no eating of eggs or honey; no zoos, circuses, 4H, or any other animal exhibition; no fishing or hunting; no medical testing of any kind upon animals, and no pets."

Since you love to use extremist labels, I'll throw this one at you. Any group this extreme that has an agenda as written above will never be taken seriously by any section of the nation, not even California. Safari Club International (A globalpro hunting rights group)devotes more money, time, resources, and effortsfor animal conservation than PETA and it's mere 800,000 memberscould even dream and it's not even close.

As long as they hire Hollywoodcelebrity actresses to campaign for them, poor buckets of paint onto people wearing expensive furs, and supporting and possibly contributing toEco-Terrorist groups to promote their radical agenda, I doubt anything will ever change for them.

Sure they're wacked, but who says the marketing is ineffective? Does a single person in this nation NOT know what PETA is? Can you say the same for open carry? I believe it was Trump that said, bad publicity is always better than no publicity, and often better than good publicity.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

modelo57 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Some more off topic B.S. Keep on track!

You mean back to the topic of breaking the "cultural framing" of the 2A movement? I'm all for that. Let's line up the stereotype reinforcing extremists and banish them to Siberia.

If educated, middle-class America is the new face of the 2A movement, who's going to manage to put on a bad spin on that?

Flintlock

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Sure they're wacked, but who says the marketing is ineffective? Does a single person in this nation NOT know what PETA is? Can you say the same for open carry? I believe it was Trump that said, bad publicity is always better than no publicity, and often better than good publicity.
You have a point. However, I don't think organizations likethe NRA get favorable media publicity and I don't think that helps them nearly as well as it may for PETA. They are deamonized too often.

Flintlock

imported post

modelo57 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Some more off topic B.S. Keep on track!
As for the OP article, I don't think gun control has anything to do with culture. I just think it has everything to do with control and the opression of rights through a tyrannical government process that has somehow become nationally accepted.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
You have a point. However, I don't think organizations likethe NRA get favorable media publicity and I don't think that helps them nearly as well as it may for PETA. They are deamonized too often.
Indeed. There's aline between getting your name out there (which is what Trump wasrefering to) andhurting your cause.Everyone already knows the NRA, any negative coverage (which isn't hard to come by when the media hates you)is just hurting the cause at this point.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:

Indeed. There's aline between getting your name out there (which is what Trump wasrefering to) andhurting your cause.Everyone already knows the NRA, any negative coverage (which isn't hard to come by when the media hates you)is just hurting the cause at this point.
Getting skyclad will give Open Carry a whole new meaning and free nationwide coverage .

" Self protection is your right too "