• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got in trouble at Hobby Lobby

mahkagari

imported post

On Saturday I went to Hobby Lobby in Longmontto pick up some stuff for making tallow candles. That wasthe stop after Murdoch's to return a trailer hitch.
Had both DD's in tow. I swear there should be a special advanced defense class of looking out for BGs and keeping a 4yo and 2yo in line. Saw twofunky looking guys on my way in having troube with the malfunctioning eye on the automatic door. On second glance, they were more artsy than thuggish, though.

As usual, therewere lots of people working there but they only vaguely know where and what stuff is. As opposed to Home Depot where when you need that thing for the whatchamacallit that goes on the thingamabob and the person tells you "Aisle 7, I'll take you there". Spent a good 30-45 minutes looking at science projects and rockets with my daughters.

Employeeswalking by us all the time. My heart stopped everytime I heard someone approaching behind me and say "Excuse me, sir" only to turn around and see them trying to get by with a ladder or a dolly full of baskets. Even had a manager walking around near us, but it looked like he was too distracted with other stuff. Several people noticed my gun, but were generally friendly. Only person I saw taken aback was the clerk when we went to check out. Looked like her heart stopped but she still smiled while we chatted through the transaction.

The trouble I got into was the closeout salethey had on N Scale model railroad buildings. And I've tried SO hard to be good! I've haven't been to Caboose in 3 months and managed not to spend anything then. I bought two houses on Saturday, but c'mon they were 60% off!