Thread: South Bay Area - Los Gatos, San Jose, Santa Clara

Post imported post

I'm relatively new to the idea of UOC and I fully support it. I am wondering how many other advocates are in my area. I would like to plan an outing.

Who is interested?

PM me if you want to start planning an outing.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

Marshaul and myself are in San Francisco. BadAce is in cupertino. Jeffw is in fremont. I don't think anybody here has UOCed in any of the three cities listed though.

Post imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
    Marshaul and myself are in San Francisco. BadAce is in cupertino. Jeffw is in fremont. I don't think anybody here has UOCed in any of the three cities listed though.
    So we have a few in the area.

From what I am told, Los Gatos is full of liberals who would freak at the sight of a gun and to expect multiple calls into the local LE.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bad_ace's Avatar

Post imported post

I've UOC'd in Santa Clara (the city). But no contact with local LEO.

I don't think San Jose or Los Gatos would be a big deal.

The next time I have business in those towns I'll be sure to UOC

Post imported post

1) Please remember that LEOs, some maybe on their own private time as a hobby or to persecute UOCers, are reading this forum to compile evidence - tricky dicks...., er I mean, dick tracies - :what:

2) There are many I believe who would attend a UOC gathering event but who don't UOC on their own -

3) I UOC for UOC gatherings; I LUCC sometimes for preparatory self-defense and when I'm not in PRK, I CCW where my permits are respected or OC if the activities of the day require it (in cowboy country for example) -

that's just me :celebrate

Post imported post

Man between All the new case laws that the LEOs should be reading up to keep up with their profession they should not even have time to be here lol no wonder they dont know the laws

Post imported post

stuckinchico wrote:
    Man between All the new case laws that the LEOs should be reading up to keep up with their profession they should not even have time to be here lol no wonder they dont know the laws
    LOL! Good point.

Post imported post

edit!
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

I'll be UOCing in Sunnyvale today and tomorrow (also downtown Mountain View). If anyone in the area wants to meet up for a bite to eat or a cup of joe PM me.

Post imported post

edit!

Post imported post

Successful outing with dirtykoala, no one seemed to care we were OCing. And at one point a Sunnyvale PD cruiser came up and parked in the spot right next to where we sat outside the coffee shop (6 feet away). ( I was thinking "oh here we go") With my strong side facing the officer he got out to get something to eat. He didn't care or didn't notice. Fine by me. Since dirtykoala and I weren't out to prove anything we made no attempt to goat the officer into talking to us. The same cruiser passed by two other times. I think this shopping center must be at one end of his patrol route.

Post imported post

edit!

Post imported post

I wished I could have joined. I got wind a little late.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I was raised on the (then) corner of Jackson and Liberty (now Jackson and Homestead) in Santa Clara. Graduated Santa Clara HS class of '66. I left in '69.

If y'all used something resembling names then we might discover acquaintances beyond the keyboard.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    If y'all used something resembling names then we might discover acquaintances beyond the keyboard.
    There is a time to stand tall and proud, and a time to keep your head low. We're in the trenches right now, possibly more so than anywhere else in the nation.

Many of those in power view us as enemies of the state. We face harassment, unwarranted seizure of our persons, unwarranted searches, false arrest, and malicious prosecution. The justice system here simply doesn't deliver justice.

Disclosing our names could literally endanger the safety and liberty of our selves and our families.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

Hey, my username resembles a name! It just isn't one.

Post imported post

edit!

Post imported post

Sure, I love the local (across from PD station). Lots of opportunities to desensitizes the public and the PD

Post imported post

edit!

Post imported post

I signed up today just to get involved in this thread. I live on the Peninsula, but close enough (I hope) to the South Bay to consider it a similar area. I am very interested in getting involved in well organized, safe, legal activity designed to demonstrate and increase the legality of open carry. An organized OC demonstration might fit that bill. If anyone is interested in putting something together, I hope you will reply to this thread.

As for disclosing my real identity: I have an internet alias that I like to use, and I'm as concerned as the next guy about people who might hold it against me that I respect freedom. On the other hand, if letting people know my real name is in anyway helpful towards increasing freedom, then I'm going to use my real name. I can see that using real names would be helpful in bringing this movement out of the shadows. Therefore: I am Peter T. Banos, MD, MBA. I support civil rights, as guaranteed by the US Bill of Rights, and I don't care who knows it.

I hope to meet some of you IRL.

Peter

Post imported post

I too am new to this forum. I agree with Peter up above, save the ID thing until I get to know people better.

Santa Clara area, I never reveal my true identity on-line. If people meet me, then they will know me, though I'd wager some of you here already do!

I'd be interested in meeting with folks. I would not want to come armed the first time out, but I would like to discuss it with people to "learn the ropes" before actually attempting it.

Schedule can be a bit wacky, but I'd try to work something out, and always enjoy a good cup of coffee!

Post imported post

Jubal Harshaw wrote:
    I signed up today just to get involved in this thread....I hope to meet some of you IRL.

Peter
    Welcome to OCDO. If you have been around the board long, Im sure you have been doing your homework- if not, there are resources you should seek out.

Noobie thread- http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/24732.html

Pamphlet thread- http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/8457.html

The California specific site- http://californiaopencarry.org

Im grateful to see the bay area contingent grow. Perhaps we can give San Diego a run for its money.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

edit!