• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Bay Area - Los Gatos, San Jose, Santa Clara

SomeGuyInCali

imported post

I'm relatively new to the idea of UOC and I fully support it. I am wondering how many other advocates are in my area. I would like to plan an outing.

Who is interested?

PM me if you want to start planning an outing.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Marshaul and myself are in San Francisco. BadAce is in cupertino. Jeffw is in fremont. I don't think anybody here has UOCed in any of the three cities listed though.

SomeGuyInCali

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
Marshaul and myself are in San Francisco. BadAce is in cupertino. Jeffw is in fremont. I don't think anybody here has UOCed in any of the three cities listed though.
So we have a few in the area.

From what I am told, Los Gatos is full of liberals who would freak at the sight of a gun and to expect multiple calls into the local LE.

bad_ace

imported post

I've UOC'd in Santa Clara (the city). But no contact with local LEO.

I don't think San Jose or Los Gatos would be a big deal.

The next time I have business in those towns I'll be sure to UOC :)

TatankaGap

imported post

1) Please remember that LEOs, some maybe on their own private time as a hobby or to persecute UOCers, are reading this forum to compile evidence - tricky dicks...., er I mean, dick tracies - :what:

2) There are many I believe who would attend a UOC gathering event but who don't UOC on their own -

3) I UOC for UOC gatherings; I LUCC sometimes for preparatory self-defense and when I'm not in PRK, I CCW where my permits are respected or OC if the activities of the day require it (in cowboy country for example) -

that's just me :celebrate

stuckinchico

imported post

:cuss:Man between All the new case laws that the LEOs should be reading up to keep up with their profession they should not even have time to be here lol no wonder they dont know the laws

bad_ace

imported post

I'll be UOCing in Sunnyvale today and tomorrow (also downtown Mountain View). If anyone in the area wants to meet up for a bite to eat or a cup of joe PM me.

bad_ace

imported post

Successful outing with dirtykoala, no one seemed to care we were OCing. And at one point a Sunnyvale PD cruiser came up and parked in the spot right next to where we sat outside the coffee shop (6 feet away). ( I was thinking "oh here we go") With my strong side facing the officer he got out to get something to eat. He didn't care or didn't notice. Fine by me. Since dirtykoala and I weren't out to prove anything we made no attempt to goat the officer into talking to us. The same cruiser passed by two other times. I think this shopping center must be at one end of his patrol route.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
If y'all used something resembling names then we might discover acquaintances beyond the keyboard.
There is a time to stand tall and proud, and a time to keep your head low. We're in the trenches right now, possibly more so than anywhere else in the nation.

Many of those in power view us as enemies of the state. We face harassment, unwarranted seizure of our persons, unwarranted searches, false arrest, and malicious prosecution. The justice system here simply doesn't deliver justice.

Disclosing our names could literally endanger the safety and liberty of our selves and our families.

Jubal Harshaw

imported post

I signed up today just to get involved in this thread. I live on the Peninsula, but close enough (I hope) to the South Bay to consider it a similar area. I am very interested in getting involved in well organized, safe, legal activity designed to demonstrate and increase the legality of open carry. An organized OC demonstration might fit that bill. If anyone is interested in putting something together, I hope you will reply to this thread.

As for disclosing my real identity: I have an internet alias that I like to use, and I'm as concerned as the next guy about people who might hold it against me that I respect freedom. On the other hand, if letting people know my real name is in anyway helpful towards increasing freedom, then I'm going to use my real name. I can see that using real names would be helpful in bringing this movement out of the shadows. Therefore: I am Peter T. Banos, MD, MBA. I support civil rights, as guaranteed by the US Bill of Rights, and I don't care who knows it.

I hope to meet some of you IRL.

Peter