Thread: Fore warned is fore armed

Post imported post

I just finished this month's Combat Handguns (Sept 2009)~! WOW. It's the most comprehensive issue yet! The whole thing is packed with good points and practical information for the individual shooter concerned with personal protection. Come on in a get your copy today!
    I know some issues leave a lot to be desired at times, but this one is going into my personal archives.

Post imported post

Thanks for the heads up, I get all my info from the intrawebz...

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up, I get all my info from the intrawebz...

Hahahahahaha, BEAR ARMS, I get it! :P
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

I don't get it...

Post imported post

I LOLed quite heartily at that one, thanks SQL!
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

To be honest, I'm still waiting for some ******* to make a legal argument that "keeping and bearing ARMS" refers to wearing a tank top.

Folks have already tried to manipulate the wording of the Constitution so many times that it's not much of a stretch. I ever argued with a fool before whose contention was that modern firearms are not Constitutionally protected... that only muskets were.

(Shakes head)

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I like to argue that Shotguns aren't but a Full-Auto M-60 is.

Arms= Military type firearms not hunting firearms.

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:

I agree about the M-60 but not about the shotgun. The military has used shotguns for specialized rolls in every war we have been involved in.

Early shotguns were just large bore muskets stuffed with bags of pellets instead of a ball. By the Spanish American war side by side cartridge loaded shotguns were used aboard Navy vessles to repel boarding parties. From WW1 on they have been used for close combat mostly in the pump action format.

General Patton made the remark that every home should have a shotguns BC at close range they are as devastatingly effective as a hand grenade.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    dougwg wrote:

I agree about the M-60 but not about the shotgun. The military has used shotguns for specialized rolls in every war we have been involved in.

Early shotguns were just large bore muskets stuffed with bags of pellets instead of a ball. By the Spanish American war side by side cartridge loaded shotguns were used aboard Navy vessles to repel boarding parties. From WW1 on they have been used for close combat mostly in the pump action format.

General Patton made the remark that every home should have a shotguns BC at close range they are as devastatingly effective as a hand grenade.
    I find it ridiculous that the Miller decision classified a short barrel shotgun as having no military use, and then suggesting that, as a result it did not fall under the protection of the 2nd Amendment.

OT:
    Just picked up my copy today while on the road. Thanks for the heads up. If I'm ever in your neighborhood I'll look you up.

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:

Its funny too, that in 1918, the German government issued a diplomatic protest against the American use of shotguns, alleging that the shotgun was prohibited by the law of war.
    live every day like its your last cause one day you will be right

Post imported post

pmcqueen37 wrote:
    Its funny too, that in 1918, the German government issued a diplomatic protest against the American use of shotguns, alleging that the shotgun was prohibited by the law of war.
    Same goes for using FMJ instead of hollow points for military/police use because they don't "hurt as much. Either way you are shooting someone and harming them causing them pain or possibly killing them.