• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT - Need bulk .308 Match Grade Ammo

BigDaddy5

imported post

I need to purchase anywhere from 250-600 rounds of .308 match grade HPBT ammo (175 or 168 gr either/or, but has to be one or the other) by Sunday. Anybody have any places in the Seattle/Tacoma/Everett area where that's possible?

Yes, Just_A_Car, I shot through most of the ammo we traded for, although that's not match grade, in this case.

just_a_car

imported post

Not sure if the stuff I traded to you was boxer-primed, but at least it was brass-cased. If it was boxer-primed, you could potentially reload some match-grade ammo yourself from the cases.

As for factory-produced... to get it by Sunday would be tough, but not impossible. I know that the last time I went into Ed's Surplus & Marine on 196th and Hwy 99 in Lynnwood, they had a box or three of Federal Fusion® ammo, but the advertisements don't call it "match" ammo, just really accurate hunting ammo.

Other than that, your best bet is to call around to local gunstores and pawn shops for their ammo stocks and ask them to hold some if you find they have some match ammo.