Thread: OCing in NC as a Michigander

Post imported post

I'll hopefully be taking a trip to Hendersonville/Asheville next week and I want to make sure I fully understand what I can and cannot do in regards to CC and OC in NC. I'm looking for any and all relevant information. I'll be driving from Michigan and have a Michigan CPL. I OC every day, everywhere I go, so I'm comfortable with it. I just would rather not test the NC law if I don't have to. For example, if there is a part of the law that most LEOs are unfamiliar with that may get me harassed, I don't want to test it. My pistol is (obviously) legally registered in MI. What do I need to know before I carry in NC?
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

No carrying in places that sell alcohol for consumption on premises.
    No carrying on any educational grounds.
    No carrying in any place that charges admission.
    No CC in financial institutions.
    No carrying where any signs are present. Some say no weapons, some say no concealed weapons, some are just a slashed circle with a firearm in them. They carry legal weight in NC.

Post imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
    No carrying where any signs are present. Some say no weapons, some say no concealed weapons, some are just a slashed circle with a firearm in them. They carry legal weight in NC.
    Umm, just a quick clarification - No CCing where signs are present, they are legally binding against anyone carrying under a Concealed Carry Permit

Post imported post

Thanks for the information!

In Michigan, we may OC in pistol free zones if the OCer has a CPL. It doesn't work like that in NC? For example, if I go to a restaurant that serves beer on tap I can't CC, but can I OC?
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

Nope, unfortunately.