• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Veterans ?

reconvic

imported post

Seems I am not alone on following all orders lol. I left the Corps as a Gunny, but was a Master Gunny for 3 years till a boot 2nd luey wanted me and my squad to walk into a box canyon. It never happened and I lost my rank, but saved my men!
S/F Vic

r6-rider

imported post

special forces, to many combat tours to remember.... yea i know things but i cant talk about it

keninaz

imported post

You had to blow off steam or the stress would get to you, if you know what I mean.

And most that served, particularly in the Army and the Marines know much more than they could ever tell anyone about other than another vet.

reconvic

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
special forces, to many combat tours to remember.... yea i know things but i cant talk about it

R6 I was in Recon in the Corps, I can now talk because of the years, if you ever need an ear give me a yell.
S/F Vic

r6-rider

imported post

lol i was just playing. im just your basic infantryman nothing more nothing less. the job sucks enough as it is (but in a good way) i wouldnt want to suck like SF does. not right now anyways maybe down the road when my PT score is 350 and i develop an immunity to bugs

reconvic

imported post

I assume you were Army since Marines grunts 0311 are really the backbone of the Corps. Never underestimate the basic in grunt in the Army they get all the
the as the Corps, all the rough work. I worked with Seals and S.F. and Rangers in combo ops. Yet that is many moons ago. Stay safe and always be proud.
S/F Vic

keninaz

imported post

And, like they told us in Basic Training in the 60's anyway~~

"It doesn't matter what your MOS will be after you leave here. It does not matter that you signed up for driver or artillery or whatever. What matters is the basic combat training you are getting here. You will always be a basic infantryman and never forget that fact. You will always be a 11B and remember the skills you learned here as you may just need them as we are at war."

Words to live by and I must assume that the Marines are the same way.

r6-rider

imported post

and now days it really doesnt matter what you are cause everyone who joins is going to see combat. hell, i just read an article about a human resources guy that got blown up by an IED

RockyAcres

imported post

US Navy, 10/1972-08/1980, Data Processing Tech, PO1 (E-6)

I was one of the first females to be stationed aboard ship: USS L Y Spear, AS-36

LYSpear.jpg

The one major assignment we received was in 1980to Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean, when those 50 hostages were being held in Iran. We were supply and repair for the subs and fast frigates that were in the Persian Gulf. 100 gals, 1200 guys, plus all the guys stationed on DG - which was isolated duty for them. ...still only 100 of 'us'...

I was alsowith the Master-at-Arms during my final months. Best buddies were the Seals - a bit wild and crazy, but true-hearted. They were like brothers to me. My partner with the MAA had at one time been a Seal.

(Unfortunately, the Navy is still trying to decide what uniforms their members will wear. :banghead:)

hotrod

imported post

USMC 1971-1983

Disablility 100%

2nd Force Recon Camp Lejuene

1st Force Recon Camp Pendleton

Recruiting Cincinnati OH

Chief Correctional Supervisor Parris Island SC

2 Med Floats Marine Security Detachment

reconvic

imported post

Hot Rod good to see a brother, I was in a bit before you went to P.I. in 67 Plt 2001. In 1st Force what Company and squad were you with, we may have some of the same friends we served together with,
S/F Vic

TOF

imported post

r6-rider wrote:

R6,

In other posts you indicate you are 18 and open carrying all over town etc.

Now you say you are in Special Forces?

What unit are you in and when did you join?

I am ex Navy but have too much respect for Special Forces or any other vetran to allow this to go unchallenged.

If I am wrong I opologize right now but I believe the other men in this group need a bit more info from you.

Mahan0331

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
lol i was just playing. im just your basic infantryman nothing more nothing less. the job sucks enough as it is (but in a good way) i wouldnt want to suck like SF does. not right now anyways maybe down the road when my PT score is 350 and i develop an immunity to bugs
...Lets leave it at that TOF....

Mahan0331

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Oh yeah? I have been in Iraq since November, and have not seen any combat. :p

My Bud just got back from Iraq in Dec (Weapons Co, 3/7)...frm the Syrian border area where we had deployed to in '04. Back then we hit an IED or ambush every other time we left the wire. This last time they didnt see shit.

Heard a lot of the heavy fighting is in Afghanistan now....I know some guys whochecked into 2/7 after they got back in the spring frm Afghanistan, and I guess the BN got hit pretty hard over there...

At least in the Marines I know you'll see sumptin eventually, got friends that went into Liberia (2nd FAST Co I think), another friend that went into Haiti (STA 3/8). Got some buds now frm Eco Co2/4 shipping out soon to go fightthose Somali Pirates (or so they say).

Guess it depends on how long you stay in...

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

He already explained above that he was joking about Special Forces.

r6-rider wrote:

TOF

imported post

I saw that correction, my concern is whether he is in any army or just a kid that wants to be. As indicated earlier, I am well aware my concern may be unfounded. He could be in the reserve, guard or some other branch. I would simply like to know which.