• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bavarian Inn

SQLtables

imported post

So, I finally got a response from the Bavarian Inn here in Frankenmuth after they asked me to cover up and told me I couldn't even carry concealed in there. I had to send them another message, but I finally got a response, and from their President too... it's not good news.

I'm responding right now, just to point some things out. I really suggest nobody goes to ANY of the places they own (Bavarian Inn Restauraunt, Inn, shops, etc...)

Dear Nathan Nephew,

Thank you for your email on our policy on legal firearms. I have been associated with firearms all of my life, from a young boy with hunting, target practice and for varmint control on the farm. I have continued hunting through the past 60 years to this day. While serving in the Army during the Vietnam war era, I had hours of weapon training. I have a good understanding of your and my 2nd amendment rights.

As a private business owner, we also have our rights and responsibilities. Most important is our guests’ safety and satisfaction. The visitor perception of a welcoming and protected environment is crucial. All of our team strives to continually provide a comfortable atmosphere for our guests.

People have the right to smoke; it offends other customers and, therefore, we have limited the smoking that occurs within our building. A mother has the natural right to breastfeed her infant which may embarrass other guests; thus we ask them to be discreet as well as provide a private area for this natural process of feeding their child. If there is a screaming child in our dining room, we do our best to discreetly approach and assist the parent. Some businesses also post the policy of “no shirt, no shoes, no service” so as to not offend any customers.

Michigan has enacted a concealed weapon permit process which allows all law-abiding citizens with a clean record to discreetly carry your weapon. We have no policy against concealed carry with the proper permit as provided by Michigan legislation. Here at the Bavarian Inn we have established a No Open Carrying of Firearms policy for the peace of mind of our guests. The Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn is a family dining, lodging, and shopping environment.

We look forward to serving you in the future in a hospitable and enjoyable manner.

Sincerely,
William A. Zehnder, President
FRANKENMUTH BAVARIAN INN

EM87

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
I can respect that policy. At least it was thought out.

I don't have to like it, but I can and will respect it.

Same. He seems like a reasonable person, and I respect that.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SQLtables wrote:
I agree. But I still won't spend my money there... I don't like being classified as a less important customer.

Same as people that smoke. There are those that choose to spend their money elsewhere for any number of reasons.

I probably wouldn't have spent my money there anyway (never even been to the city before, and if I do, I won't need the services of an Inn).

SQLtables

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
I agree. But I still won't spend my money there... I don't like being classified as a less important customer.

Same as people that smoke. There are those that choose to spend their money elsewhere for any number of reasons.

I probably wouldn't have spent my money there anyway (never even been to the city before, and if I do, I won't need the services of an Inn).

Yea.

It's called the Bavarian Inn, but I was just in the Restaurant. They have a ton of shops and whatnot too.. and carriage rides, and of course the lodge.

tygereye

imported post

Zhender's? do you know if they are OC friendly? I usually go there, never been into the bavarian inn to eat, although I have shopped there... guess I won't be anymore...

Michigander

imported post

I am sorry to hear that, but once again I must point out that this is only a symptom of success. When 1/5 or more of the businesses in the state have no guns signs at their entrances, we'll have completed our goal of educating the people of Michigan.

SQLtables

imported post

Michigander wrote:
I am sorry to hear that, but once again I must point out that this is only a symptom of success. When 1/5 or more of the businesses in the state have no guns signs at their entrances, we'll have completed our goal of educating the people of Michigan.

Yes, but as far as I know, this isn't a new policy.

conservative85

imported post

Funny I did not see the "right to smoke" in the Constitution, or the state constitution.

I wanna know is this policy posted/ If not I think I shall try to dine! NOT!

FatboyCykes

imported post

When my wife and I visited the Muth, we stayed at the Bavarian Lodge I believe it was. Definitely not the Inn, I OC'd the whole time there, and was seen by several hotel employees, wide eyed and all, never once in our three days and two nights there did anyone say anything to me. We ate dinner at Zehnders, but since I don't have my CPL and they serve alcohol, I was unable to OC there. OC'd at the McD's just north of town and again, no problems there. Overall, a very positive experience.

FatboyCykes

imported post

the500kid wrote:
I'm not shure what the big deal is the food isn't very good there anyway.

QFT!!!

I will never, ever eat the chicken up there again. I might have just had a bad batch, as it was the all you could eat @ Zehnders, but it was horrible! I will stick to KFC and even better Chicken Shack, before I'd ever eat that oversalted dry arse, overpriced "poultry" again.

Harumph.

SQLtables

imported post

This is confusing, but the Bavarian Inn is not a hotel or anything. The "Lodge" is the Bavarian Inn Lodge, which is just another part of their business. According to Mr. Zehnder, the Lodge has a no OC policy too.

All of this is owned by the Bavarian Inn. They own River Place, which is basically an outlet mall type thing, so I wonder if they have a no OC policy there too, even though they don't own the businesses in there, just the property. I OC there all the time. I'l check into it.

http://www.bavarianinn.com/

FatboyCykes

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
This is confusing, but the Bavarian Inn is not a hotel or anything. The "Lodge" is the Bavarian Inn Lodge, which is just another part of their business. According to Mr. Zehnder, the Lodge has a no OC policy too.

All of this is owned by the Bavarian Inn. They own River Place, which is basically an outlet mall type thing, so I wonder if they have a no OC policy there too, even though they don't own the businesses in there, just the property. I OC there all the time. I'l check into it.

http://www.bavarianinn.com/

You'd know better than I, we stayed at the "hotel" just over the wooden bridge, I was told there was a difference between it and the actual Bavarian Inn. Either way, I OC'd everywhere I could whilst in the Muth, including the outlet and, erm, what's the name of the joint with huge omletts?

Again, from check in at the front desk until we left, checked out by phone the only time I was not OCing in the "hotel" was when we went swimming, for obvious reasons, although, after reading the torture test on the XD's I'll admit, I was tempted :D Not a single incident, mebe they thought I was LE, hard to imagine, as some of the cats who've met me could probably agree, but not a word.

Edit: just clicked your link, and yep, that's the place :D