• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

gotta pay the mortgage, R1A1 sporter for sale

joshuaeberly

imported post

For Sale, Century R1A1 sporter .308, with scope mount, scope, 1 mag, and whatever ammo I've got around(more than 40 rounds, less than 200).

Hesse reciever, good shooter, does not want to feed the last 3 rounds out of the mag, think it's wear on the spring.
$1000. OBO
PM me with contact info if interested, your collection's not complete without one of these.

Michigander

imported post

Sadly I can't afford it, and I already have a similar rifle anyway, but just to clarify, I don't believe it's possible that the problem could be anything other than the mag spring being weak from being cycled. If it was anything else, it seems like the malfunctions would be happening when the mag was more full too. FAL mags and indeed other parts are cheap, so it's not exactly a big deal.

As I recall, Century FAL's use either Imbel recievers, or their own production recievers, and the latter has a lousy reputation. If it works right it works right, but it will definitely be something a prospective buyer will want to know. Also, the type of scope mount and scope would be good to clarify. And obviously pictures would be nice if possible.

FatboyCykes

imported post

dougwg wrote:
You really should post this over on MGO. They have a great for sale section.
STOP SENDING PEOPLE TO OTHER SITES THAT HAVE THE SAME INTEREST AT HEART AS THIS SITE, OMGOSH THAT'S SO CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

/bow