• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Breakfast at CB in Lex on 6-27-09 at 9am

BigBubba

imported post

OC Breakfast at the Cracker Barrel just off Winchester Rd at I-75 in Lexington at 9am on Saturday 6/27/09

Hope to see yall there since i missed the last OC lunch.
Good people and good food. Anyone thats interested is welcome to come.

Fred

imported post

hey count me in. Had a good time at the last meet.

thirdwatch2007

imported post

I would like to come but one quick question, I am 19, and New to the open carry deal and a little hesitate for the first time open carrying.

Question 1 - Would it be okay for a 19 year old from Kenton County (Taylor Mill) to attend?

Thank you all.

Liberty4Ever

imported post

My understanding is that in Kentucky, you must be 21 to buy a handgun, but you can receive a handgun as a gift (not a straw purchase, but a legitimate gift), and you can open carry if you're 18 or older.

I hope to see you at Cracker Barrel.

PS - I am not a lawyer. That wasn't legal advice. :cool:

8th ID

imported post

OK. The way I understand it is-18 to open carry. 21 to get cc. And like others have said 'I'm not a lawyer', hell, I don't even play one on TV:cool::cool:

8th ID

imported post

OK. The way I understand it is-18 to open carry. 21 to get cc. And like others have said 'I'm not a lawyer', hell, I don't even play one on TV:cool::cool:

8th ID

imported post

OH and like I said before-ANYONE is welcome:D

ALSO, ow about we meet at the back of CB-and YES now i know what the back of CB is:D

So, back of CB off Winchester Rd., Lexington Saturday 6/27 at 9 a.m....

BigBubba

imported post

Fred wrote:
I count 5, its 6 if third watch shows up

Me, my bro, 8th, Fred, Liberty, and Third ... so 6 counting third, or7 if ur in Gutshot?

Wonder why Statesman and Kentuckyshiner havent chimed in yet, they'r both local arent they?

8th ID

imported post

I PM'ed KYShiner and langzuiguy. I think what will hurt many of these meet up's is summer vacations, etc...

So, I guess there will be at least 5...possibly 6 or 7. We'll meet in the back of CB at 9 a.m. everyone O.K. with that?

Fred

imported post

Well, I was on my way up there. Threw a bearing in my left rear tire so I won't be able to make it up there. If you guys plan another meet and greet post again. Hopefully next time I don't run into this problem

Liberty4Ever

imported post

Fred wrote:
Well, I was on my way up there. Threw a bearing in my left rear tire so I won't be able to make it up there. If you guys plan another meet and greet post again. Hopefully next time I don't run into this problem
Sorry to hear of your bad luck.

I think you ought to get partial credit for being up at 5:28 AM on a Saturday. I had to set my alarm to be up at 8:00 AM!

I think we'll do this on a regular basis. Catch you next time. Good luck with that wheel bearing.

Fred

imported post

Well it I'm actually an hour behind. It was 4:30am when I realized the problem and that I wouldn't makethe drive. It takes me about 3 1/2 hours to get up there depending on traffic plus the time change. Sucks I missed out but I'll catch you guys at the next meet.

Liberty4Ever

imported post

We only had four guys this time, but it was still a good time and we had some good discussion. Sorry you weren't able to make it this time Fred. I look forward to seeing you next month. Three and a half hours! Wow! That's quite a drive. I admire your dedication! I feel guilty because I live a few miles away.

BigBubba

imported post

yeah, it was fun and niceto put a few faces with names now,but i vote Bob Evan's next time if we do another breakfast, CB's breakfast just wasnt to great for the price IMO