• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Breakfast at CB in Lex on 6-27-09 at 9am

Liberty4Ever

imported post

Bob Evans is OK by me.

Perkins is a good value, but they're accustomed to people open carrying there, and it wouldn't be much of a public education. I open carry in there some, like last weekend after the Guns And Garbage. There's certainly no problem open carrying in Perkins, but it won't raise much public awareness. The prices are good though and the food is good too.

My breakfast today wasn't very good, but it was oatmeal. Oatmeal is never any good. Can't blame Cracker Barrel for that. I had a gall bladder attack two weeks ago, and I'm eating much healthier now. I've lost some weight. Ten pounds down, and only forty pounds to go!

8th ID

imported post

Even though there was only four of us,I enjoyed the conversation. If we do it again next month, anyone is free to suggest a different place. I'm totally open to trying another restaurant. Later on, maybe someone should just start a thread with a tentative date and location...:D

Liberty4Ever

imported post

spioi wrote:
how about a waffle house?
If the goal is educating people about open carry and the right to keep and bear arms (and I think it should be), I like places on the interstate, like most Waffle Houses. There's a good chance some southbound resident of one of those northeastern states (collectively known as Gunbanistan) will see some free people exercising their inalienable rights and stop and think about their sorry serf status.

BigBubba

imported post

spioi wrote:
how about a waffle house?

waffle house would work as well.

lets get a time frame so people will have more time to plan it in. If we'r tryin to stick to saturdays, i could do a lunch or dinner time on 7/25 or a breakfast on 8/1