• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No Firearms In Value Village in Cudahy

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Yes, unfortunately we would need to go there unarmed but the point would be to show them how much money they are loosing, which is why you want to get all your friends, neighbors, and relatives to do the same.

$20 here, $30 there all adds up and in this economy it shouldn't take long for them to see the error of their ways.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

IF true that the local police are intimidating store owners into posting these signs, it reminds me of the many shops in Germany that were "Persuaded to posts "No Jews" signs in their stores.

This sickens me to no end. If you can FOIA the letter or get a store owner to give you a copy I suggest you go to the local papers and show them how unethical their PD is.

nevinsb

imported post

If I had to guess what happened, I would think the store owner ASKED the SFPD how they could keep people with firearms out of their store, and the PD responded by telling them to put signs up on the door.

Obviously that's all speculation, but I would put money on it.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

At about the same time that South Carolina's Law Abiding Citizen Self-Defense Act of 1996 was enacted, the SC state Chamber of Commerce lied to businesses that they would be liable for something if the business did not post the CC provided no-gun signs. It took us years to erase that meme, get the signs removed and ultimately make them legally meaningless.

SixDegrees

imported post

Any developments on this? i.e. copy of the letter.

If not I will try to get someone in St. Francis to pull an open records.

Constitutionalist

imported post

SixDegrees wrote:
Any developments on this? i.e. copy of the letter.

If not I will try to get someone in St. Francis to pull an open records.
You do not have to live in St. Francis to get an open records request, anyone can. In fact you can do it anonymously.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Here's something I found that I like even more than the idea of the card with a blank spot to write money.

http://www.learntocarry.com/nogunsnomoney/

You can print them off at home onto Avery template 8371 business cards. Print off just the front, since the part about concealed carry permits doesn't apply to us. It's a quick and simple concept.

02web.png

Open carry ok to me

imported post

comp45acp wrote:
This is great news! Have you had personal contact with the management or noticed the signs were down?
I noticed the signs were down when going to the pizza place in the same strip mall and then I asked the manager and they said that their was a decision made to remove the sign and allow people to carry in their business.