• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun rights activists are now 'insurrectionists'

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

"Ordered Liberty".... <<shudder>>

The control freaks and wanna be tyrants like Horwitz, Anderson and Cornell are exactly why more Americans should arm up. These men (if they had their way) would declare us all in violation of some new law they would enact or see enacted and push for total gun confiscation.

It is scary that both Liberty and Tyranny come from the same type of person... I mean, intellectuals, but with radically different conclusions.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
"Ordered Liberty".... <<shudder>>

The control freaks and wanna be tyrants like Horwitz, Anderson and Cornell are exactly why more Americans should arm up. These men (if they had their way) would declare us all in violation of some new law they would enact or see enacted and push for total gun confiscation.

It is scary that both Liberty and Tyranny come from the same type of person... I mean, intellectuals, but with radically different conclusions.
Now, now. You should only strive for that Liberty which wouldn't appear offensive to anyone watching the 6 O'clock news.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

This isn't about thestupid gun owner's values like freedom and justice , it's about safety.

Everybody knows that guns cause death in the streets as far as the eyes can see.

By letting a rapist finish without any conflict , probably no will get killed.

By disarming the stupid gun owners , the rapist and muggers will be less likely , statistically speaking , of attacking me .

Meathead Jr. :monkey

WheelGun

imported post

I am a member of what the left-wing press sees as those who are protected by the Second Amendment, the National Guard. Thank you, but we do not need the Second Amendment to allow us to have firearms. That's what the NCOIC of the unit weapons room is for.

When I carry as a civilian (all the time except for my day job),that is when the Second Amendment fits me like a glove. I am definitely not a member of a militia in the sense of the article. Unless you count my kids, wife and my dog as fellow militiamen.

Did you notice that when the left wingers explain the 2A, they say that the 'militia' is NOTa body of armed civilians, but the National Guard? But when they want to scare the public, they say that the 'militia' is a bunch of scary, disgruntled white men in old, ripped cammo clothing?

Statesman

imported post

Dave,

Your article is spot on. Great job!

I've had an idea recently, to publicize this issue of reclassifying American patriots as "terrorists", a word that seems to have no solid definition in the U.S.C. to my knowledge, leaving it up to folks across the LE spectrum to define themselves.

I'd pay $$$ to see a billboard up somewhere with the founding fathers pictures on it, with a caption that says: "If you have seen these terrorists, please report them to DHS.", with a website explaining the underlying fraudulent issue. This insanity must stop.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

WheelGun wrote:
disgruntled white men in old, ripped cammo clothing?

You just described 98% of the residents in my area including me, But once we get into November we'll need to change that over to "disgruntled white men in old, ripped"Blaze-Orange" clothing because of Deer season.

What do you think is more scary, old men in camo, or younger men wearing all white including the pointy hoods?

Hmmmm,??

WheelGun

imported post

Exactly. The anti's don't want anyone to know the difference. Understanding the differences will lead to understanding the people behind the differences. That would be contrary to the left's agenda.

They want to portray everyone with even an interest in firearms as a racist, anti-government nut job. That would be the ideal image for them to create. They are even working on portraying soldiers as mental cases that cannot be trusted to go quietly.

WTF is 'Ordered Liberty?'

Why does it sound like a George Orwell book?

Can I opt out of 'Ordered Liberty?' I like my own brand of liberty, thanks. And it can get a bit disorganized sometimes, but I'll help clean up after the party.

Thinkingbackto 2001 "The Department of Homeland Security" had an Orwellian sound as well.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

I'm not anti-government, I'm just anti-BIG-government. I'd be fine with a government about 1/6 the size of what we have now. The sheer fact that the Federal Government is the biggest employer in our country says it all... and is what has me and those like me up in arms.... literally.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I'm not anti-government, I'm just anti-BIG-government. I'd be fine with a government about 1/6 the size of what we have now. The sheer fact that the Federal Government is the biggest employer in our country says it all... and is what has me and those like me up in arms.... literally.

Same here.

Good article Dave. We all know and have always known that the 2nd ammendment is an individual right, but what do we do if the court didn't rule this way or if our government decides to interpret it otherwise? Do we all become criminals insurrectionists? There is another provision in the constitution we have the right to overthrow our government? Sometimes I think U.S. is in a very scary time right now.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Same here.

Good article Dave. We all know and have always known that the 2nd ammendment is an individual right, but what do we do if the court didn't rule this way or if our government decides to interpret it otherwise? Do we all become criminals insurrectionists? There is another provision in the constitution we have the right to overthrow our government? Sometimes I think U.S. is in a very scary time right now.

Actually, that is in our Declaration of Independence where Jefferson writes: "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

If you believe, like many do, that the Declaration of Independence is the cornerstone of our government, then, we have not only the permission, but the duty to overthrow an abusive and corrupt government.

Overtaxed

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Same here.

Actually, that is in our Declaration of Independence where Jefferson writes: "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

If you believe, like many do, that the Declaration of Independence is the cornerstone of our government, then, we have not only the permission, but the duty to overthrow an abusive and corrupt government.
Oh, local governments are perfectly capable of getting out of control, too.
Where I live, extortionate local property taxes have turned home owners into something resembling tenant farming serfs.
My local municipality has an arrogant mayor and city council, who refuse to dial down one of the most overzealous parking enforcement regimes seen outside of NYC.
(They're arrogant on other matters, too).
My home city is a part of a county that in itself has a huge budget that duplicates innumerable municipal, state and even federal functions.
The "executive" of my county has enacted gun-show bans, ridiculous rules about the purchase of spray paint and laser pointers, bullied gun stores out of business (and Sports Authority into gradually dropping firearms and ammo from their shelves), and a vehicle idling law that will result in 15 days' in jail for a second violation.

"Tax and Spend... it's not just for the Federal Government anymore!"