• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Highschool coach shot

Alexcabbie

imported post

Hmmm......... 24 year old former player kills his ex- High school coach?? Are you guys thinking what Im thinking??..... No motive yet, but I bet the coach taught that kid some plays that weren't in the book...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Hmmm......... 24 year old former player kills his ex- High school coach?? Are you guys thinking what Im thinking??..... No motive yet, but I bet the coach taught that kid some plays that weren't in the book...
I know a HS coach who deserves worse, but I, being a better man than he, have not provided him with his just consequences.

I've yet to meet the high School 'coach' who was anything more than a bully who never grew up and just likes having underage nerds to abuse. I lump them in with most Police officers as people who have so frequently proven to be absolute scum, that I don't even consider giving them a fair shake any more.

...and 'computer guys.'

useful_idiot

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
I hope that's not the case. What I've read seems to indicate he was one of the good guys.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
That thought ran thru my mind as well. 'Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

autosurgeon

imported post

Or it's possible that he kept this guy on the bench BC he wasn't as good as his parents thought??? I have seen that too parents trying to relive their youth through there kids! The kids always suffer for it too!

rpyne

imported post

This has to be a hoax or a serious error in reporting. This could not have occurred anywhere in the USA since federal law prohibits possession of a firearm anywhere within 1000 feet of a school. [sarcasm off]

Jblack44

imported post

I just had a conversation with a guy in the holster isle at store near me. Seems his son was attacked (another highschool coach) while he was in school two days ago. I guess the guy just walked in and asked where to find him. Found the room he was in, picked up a chair and started to hit him with it then ran off. They didn't catch him. I asked well what can he do about it? He can't carry a gun in school to protect himself. He agreed that it's an asinine law that does no good!!!!

PFZ are dangerous places!!!! Stay away!

Alexcabbie

imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
I just had a conversation with a guy in the holster isle at store near me. Seems his son was attacked (another highschool coach) while he was in school two days ago. I guess the guy just walked in and asked where to find him. Found the room he was in, picked up a chair and started to hit him with it then ran off. They didn't catch him. I asked well what can he do about it? He can't carry a gun in school to protect himself. He agreed that it's an asinine law that does no good!!!!

NOBODY on this site thinks high-school kids ought to be allowed to carry firearms in school. I hope you are being sarcastic.

Teachers, yes; and parents and other adult visitors PROVIDED they have a CCW permit (and visitors maybe rquired to obtain a weapons pass at the office) But NOT some 16-year old. Puh-leeze. :banghead:

rpyne

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
NOBODY on this site thinks high-school kids ought to be allowed to carry firearms in school. I hope you are being sarcastic.

Teachers, yes; and parents and other adult visitors PROVIDED they have a CCW permit (and visitors maybe rquired to obtain a weapons pass at the office) But NOT some 16-year old. Puh-leeze. :banghead:
Have you ever lived in the REAL America, away from the liberal big cities? The problem is not the firearm or the kids per se. The problem is the lack of parenting and discipline.

During my high school years it was not at all uncommon to see a student walking down the hall carrying a firearm. Sometimes it was because we were going varmint hunting after school or sometimes it was because we were working on it in a shop class. And no, this was not a little "one room" school, my high school had 1500 students.

We had learned how to properly handle a firearm and to respect property and people.

The RIGHT to keep and bear arms is just that, a RIGHT, not a privilege to be controlled and licensed.

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

Alexcabbie

imported post

Okay, but I still don't see why having a chair thrown at you justifies a shooting. You darn tootin' know me well enough to know that I consider RTKBA to be all but absolute but I am not talking about adults, I am talking about KIDS. Back when we were in school maybe it wasn't that big a deal, but those were also the days where if you ignored the hardware store guy telling you to stop loitering around he would come out and give you a dowel rod across the butt AND call your folks, who would give you the belt later.

Parents were more attentive then. Six years ago thiscoming September I watched three spoiled rich white boys beat another white boy to death in fashionable downtown Alexandria. The cause? An assumpton on their part that the victim had"egged"the home of one of the other boys. All three were spoiled little rich brats who never had a whipping (and thus knew nothing of physical consequenses). They all got five years in Kiddie Jail and are out now, I suppose unless they went back inside later; which is probably likely.

Firearms in my high school were kept in car trunks and I never saw anyone walking the halls with a rifle. And I darn sure never saw anyone sitting in class with a pistol strapped to their hip; and in any case we would have thought it cowardly to defend onesself with anything other than fists unless the other guy first escalated to throwing or swinging stuff. These days kids are so damned mis-parented that they think any insult to their "self esteem" is a death penalty offense, at least some of them; and in any case the RTKBA is in the case of a minor child under the age of 18 superceded to a great degree by parental or in loco parentis authority. And that is as it should be, sez me. But that's just my opinion, and I could be wrong.

Jblack44

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Jblack44 wrote:

I'm saying adults, teachers administrators, etc. And yes it was a chair that he said he was hit with. But at what point does it become a life threatening situation?? Getting hit repeatedly with a metal chair to the head could kill you.Not wanting to debate that. Just that fact that these Pistol Free Zones make no sense. You can be attacked anywhere at any time.